Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got the itch man,
10 hr drive for me to houghton, just want to be sure you have plenty of snow for thursday

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Dave
If you look at John Dee's almost live cam, there is only 8" of snow cover just up the trail from Houghton. 8" = bare trails. I was up there on about 20" of cover and all the trails were snirt.
Cat S.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I am booked Jan 12-16th at the best western so I hope the snow keeps piling up there in Houghton,Mich.

F

·
0 Posts
yes by all means come up we will have more snow by the time you come here and also he does not know what he is talking about, l live here i ride the trails everyday, we have plenty of snow right now and more on the way!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Sir fireman keep us updated. Me and dave are going on the same time. btw dave are u gonna take 43? i figured if you would if u are coming from chi town. im taking 51 up through wasau to avoid the traffic.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
hey fireman.

is it possible to cross the famous houghton bridge? did the put that rubber mat down yet? or is it all metal grates. I would have for my dad to rip some studs out of his sled after i spent all day sticking all 168 of them in.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Dave cat where you at in Illinois? thinking about heading there or possibly up north of newberry. Heard they have nore snow over there but a longer drive.

F

·
0 Posts
ok first of all i think the rubber is down, but most of us locals just skip the canal it is real easy to do, and the new firecat does it with ease!!!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
:eek: skip the canal :eek: :eek: never really water skipped before. what's the trick? let me guess, dont let off the gas :D :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts