Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i have heard so many things like now the 900 is fastest in the quarter mile and then i heard that the rev beats the f7 in the quarter mile also is this true or does the cat beat the rev because some people say that the cat beats it about 1/8 of a mile and then the rev passes the cat

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is alot of bs floating around about that. Race one and find out! Amsnow results show the rev being faster than F7. Rev is pretty strong.. I have rode one. But I think my Zr900 is stronger.

·
Registered
127 Posts
the Rev800 had a topspeed at 151 km/h and the F7 153 km/h on 400meter. I read it in a paper called "Snowmobile" in sweden. There were no times involved only top speed. The Rx-1`s speed was 156km/h .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just too much hype on the F7, once the Revs chip breaks for the general public they are going to hard to beat, about the same weight, very close to the same HP and torque from the dyno sheets I ve seen, Amsnow shows the hp 132, 131 out of the box, And it is an 800, but in todays snowmobiles, CC's have nothing to do with it anymore, ride and have fun, you will beat some and you will loose to some Revs, same with the ZR 9, and Rx1, The shoot-out shows stock VS stock, this is the real world I am sorry to say, but the REV did beat the F7, I will be eating crow this winter a little and so will my buds, but you never know what is stock and what is not.

·
Registered
593 Posts
one thing to take into cosideration are the changes in dealer prep, all the card sleds were jetted down to run 1/4 mile at a time , i'm sure that can't run safely like that on the trail, as for the firecat you can't make changes like that to the efi so what you see is what you get.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by scrapper@Dec 8 2002, 09:55 AM
Just too much hype on the F7, once the Revs chip breaks for the general public they are going to hard to beat, about the same weight, very close to the same HP and torque from the dyno sheets I ve seen,
Didn't the Rev's have the different timing curve installed?? I think so. So the deal is this, let the F7 break in and then see what the Rev can do. Also, as always, you can talk weights and hp and dyno all you want, but you can't race the dyno!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was told the break in chip was pulled out, which allowed the timming to be set were it would be after it was broke in, It takes 10hrs for the chip to break, and the timming is advanced. Did cat get to reprograme their computers or not?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Amsnow's shootout has its place and for the most part gets all of us fired up. A month down the rode most of us will have forgotten all about it. Some of us will have raced all the above sleds and beat them or be beaten.

Saying the F7 was overly hyped and didn't live up to those expectations is one persons opinion. Does it apply to me and my F7. Not at all. Do I care if a REV800 beats my F7, yes, but only briefly. More then likely the persons a riding buddy.

"The shoot-out shows stock VS stock, this is the real world I am sorry to say, but the REV did beat the F7, I will be eating crow this winter a little and so will my buds, but you never know what is stock and what is not. " ---Quoted from scrapper

My real world has sleds where the engines are broken-in. Find ANY other race organization that doesn't run broken-in engines. Amsnow needs to add more credability to their shout-out.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
No way am I going to loose to a rev 8 this year. I ordered a speedwerx pipe, clutch kit, v-force reeds, and MBRP scliencer for extra insurance. I am sure I wont need more than V-force alone to beat the rev, I just want to absoultely demolish it. That is the worst insult of all (getting beat by a SKI-DOO) not going to happen this year to me. but anyways the rev has a 100cc on the f7 just imagine if there was a F8. There would be not competition at all. B)

·
Registered
986 Posts
The REV had the chip out giving it a 10 hour break in advantage over F7 F7 had stock timming . When F7 has 10 hrs on it stock the rev will not win .Stock out of the box it only beat the F7 by only 3/100 of a second. Also in stock form the F7 was ahead of the Rev at a 1000 ft it didnt get beat till1340 ft . This is out of box

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ski-doo has a break in feature that retards the timing 3 degrees. After the first 10 hrs it automaticly advances to normal.To use a timing retarding device on just the ski-doo would not be fair, would it?.....actualy maybe it would be more fair! :p

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by scrapper@Dec 8 2002, 09:55 AM
Just too much hype on the F7, once the Revs chip breaks for the general public they are going to hard to beat, about the same weight, very close to the same HP and torque from the dyno sheets I ve seen, Amsnow shows the hp 132, 131 out of the box, And it is an 800, but in todays snowmobiles, CC's have nothing to do with it anymore, ride and have fun, you will beat some and you will loose to some Revs, same with the ZR 9, and Rx1, The shoot-out shows stock VS stock, this is the real world I am sorry to say, but the REV did beat the F7, I will be eating crow this winter a little and so will my buds, but you never know what is stock and what is not.
The F7 really does loosen up after 100 miles.........Black Magic wasnt lying about gaining 5mph on top at 135 miles. When I had my sled out and I only have 80 miles it was getting faster every mile. The shoot out was on dirt lets see what the F7 will do in snow fully loosened up........the Rev doesnt have a chance in a 1000 feet and those are the facts. If you think your eating crow this winter look at the ugly sled the Doo guys have to ride this year.......Your F7 will pound the ditches and trail way better than the Rev and you will do all of that on the nicest looking sled on the snow this year...........for some reason you do lose to a rev 8 (I doubt it) remember you only have a 700 and take that rev8 looking for an ZR9 to get a mean lickin. Its the same difference......If you read the post properly the F7 beat the Rev more times than not...

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i also red somewhere that the f-5 was run ice cold and the others had the engines brought up to temp to get the pipe hot, if thats the case ! :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts