Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks as if the engineers at Cat figured out the Ratio concern on the 05 DD cats. Now I am considering upgrading to the 10.4 - 2006 secondary.

My question is. I can get the 06 secondary sheaves through Browns with the right belt.

Do I have to be worried about balancing. I was always under the impression that secondaries were balanced as assemblies. OR are the seperate sheaves balanced seperately???

Thanks

:cn:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
yes, you want to get the 06 upgrade... :div20:

and you can get it from bikeman(i think) or dan at the outdoor shop.... if you have more questions im sure they can answer them...

theres different belt choices and you would be better off ordering from these guys...

they can probly balance them for you, if needed....

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Originally posted by ZRJoe@Sep 16 2005, 09:56 AM
Well it looks as if the engineers at Cat figured out the Ratio concern on the 05 DD cats. Now I am considering upgrading to the 10.4 - 2006 secondary.

My question is. I can get the 06 secondary sheaves through Browns with the right belt.

Do I have to be worried about balancing. I was always under the impression that secondaries were balanced as assemblies. OR are the seperate sheaves balanced seperately???

Thanks

:cn:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=877688
[/quote]
Yes, any arctic cat dealer(including Brown's, D&D, etc) can sell you the sheaves. I am not sure about the balance. I know oem's are balanced as an assembly. I think new sheaves are balance separately, but not sure. I prefer to machine the old ones, as it does not affect the balance. Same results either way.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hi Performance has them for $169 for sheaves and $79 for the 044 belt that is required with the new sheaves. Hi Performance has free shipping, not sure about the other dealers.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Those inconsistent runs sucked I made 2 passes The way up was 111 (speedo) on the way back was 108 My friend asked me how fast did i go and i told him. He took it for a blast and said he hit 106 on the way down and 102 on the way back about 1/4 mile runs!

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Originally posted by DR F7@Sep 16 2005, 06:50 PM
Those inconsistent runs sucked I made 2 passes The way up was 111 (speedo) on the way back was 108  My friend asked me how fast did i go and i told him. He took it for a blast and said he hit 106 on the way down and 102 on the way back about  1/4 mile runs!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=878305
[/quote]

Ya and the belt got hotter on the second pass every time......Hm...... :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
Exactly what happened to the zr9 we had. 116 one time second pass 111 and then down from there. Heat kills baby!

I think that we are moving in the right direction and once the clutching issues are worked out, we can be fast and quick. I think dead1dave, c-noteplus and plummer have shown that is there. Great info fellas! Remember that there are always more than one way to skin a cat.

Jester

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Do you guy's think removing the windage plates would help, make worse (heat-sync theory) or make no difference? with the heat issue. :dunno:
I'm trying do decide if I want to put them on my new 10.4" sheaves or not?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
im thinking that once its not slipping then the heat wont be there... so the update should solve the heat issue...

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by zr8guy@Sep 17 2005, 12:34 PM
im thinking that once its not slipping then the heat wont be there...  so the update should solve the heat issue... 
:fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879026
[/quote]

:div20: :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The sheeves from a Cat dealer will run you 220 so eithere ODS or HI Perfomance Eng. are the best choice, Speedwerx (199) has them as well but there higher prices but less than Dealers. Not sure what BMP wants.

The mention in the ads they are ballanced as assemblies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts