Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my f7 in Ironwood MI,ran ausome.10 inch carbides 170 studs,no push just railed thru the corners.Rode a 2002 zr 600 after my f7 and all I can say is THE ZR FEELS OLD SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY, couldn't wait to get on the firecat.When I was up there it seemed like a fire cat convention , everywhere I looked was a firecat.With this many out there ,(and all the horror storys on the net) I was expecting to see a lot of them broken down but up there they seemed very reliable.After 160 miles I was 110% confident in this sled , definetly worth every cent and more.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I WAS UP THERE MYSELF, FROM HURLEY TO LAKE OF THE CLOUDS. YOU ARE RIGHT IT LOOKED LIKE A FIRECAT CLUB WAS IN TOWN! I DIDNT SEE ONE SINGLE ZR900!? SEVERAL REVS, AND 7 RX-1'S. I WOULD LOVE TO TELL YOU HOW MANY MILES I RODE, BUT I CAN'T, MY SPEEDO QUIT WITH 11 MILES ON ODOMETER! AFTERWARDS IT DID NOT PULL AS HARD AS IT DID IN FIRST COUPLE OF RUNS. ONLY WOULD SEE 7400-7600 ON TACH. VERY SCARY TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWARE, 5 DEGREES ON THE THERMOMETER, AND YOU ARE WONDERING IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT HOME! I TOOK ALL!!!! OF THE PRECAUTIONS WITH COOLING SYSTEM AND OIL SYSTEM, BUT I STILL FEEL VERY TENATIVE ABOUT RIDING SLED OVER LONG DISTANCES! (MY GIRL FREIND, WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT SLEDS MADE THE COMENT...."HOW COME ALL THE SNOWMOBILES WITH THEIR HOODS UP ARE GREEN?")

WELL I AM GOPING TO GO AND PULL THE PIPE AND Y OFF OF CYLINDERS AND SEE IF I HAVE ANY DAMAGE, SO CAT CAN FIX THAT ALONG WITH MY BROKEN SPEEDO, STEERING ARM, RECOIL ROPE AND GUIDE.............. :( :angry: :(

·
Administrator
20,855 Posts
Fellas,

Glad to hear everyone had a good weekend up there. Darren, I actually talked with you while we were waiting for gas up in Silver City ... glad to see you posted.

Let me say something for the guys who have been waiting to ride ... IT'S WORTH THE WAIT!! I put on 302 miles this weekend, and not a single hiccup with this thing (knock on wood). Broke it in with the first tank, and rode pretty aggressively the whole day yesterday. I was expecting a little better gas mileage, but I guess you can't expect much when there's spurts of 90+ mph for a while! :)

I didn't experience the "push" others have mentioned (8" carbides with no studs). I did notice you definitely DO have to let it warm up because you will get a bog if you try to ride immediately.

Unfortunately, I can't say I raced anyone so I don't have anything to report on that. However, I did see a guy on a F7 running against some XC800's as well as a RMK800 ... and he walked away from them very easily.

I love the sled, and think I've got a buddy who will be trading in ASAP to get a Firecat because he couldn't believe how awesome the ride was. You guys are gonna love how it sucks up the bumps!

Well, enough for tonight. All we need now is MORE SNOW! :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Put a bunch of miles on my F7 this weekend. 280 miles total now with zero problems. I was hammering all day and averaged between 11 and 12 miles per gallon. A lot better than the 7mpg my ZL 700 was getting! Rode my buddies REV 600 HO for a while. It did ride nice through the stutter bumps but I was ready to get off after about 10 miles-my knees were notting up and my hips ached-I must be old or something. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Labontef7, could you believe the line to get fuel(must have waited 40 minutes)!Did you see the mountain f7? Very trick!Power wise I thought the f7 would be faster, but after riding my friends zr I couldn't believe how slow his was. I then appriciated how powerful the f7 was.I believe the f7 handles the rough trails so well you forget how fast your accelerating.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I cant believe you guys filled up in siver city. Last year i was there, they wanted 25 cents MORE than the station 5 miles south from there. P.S. Cant wait to find a good excuse to go to iron wood. How is the "road" going to the lake of the clouds? Last year it was bumbier than riding on rail road tracks. Looks like an awsome run if it was SMOOTH.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Was also in Ironwood this weekend. Stayed about 1/3 mile from Labontes hotel. Didn`t get to see him cause I guess they had a hard time with the very poorly marked trails. We got off and ended on some logging road where a old guy on a tractor was very pissed at us. He said he is sick off the snow season already. I got 165 flawless miles on. Trails were ruff but met the groomer 2 times. Also I love the ride you can go trough the deep mogals and just hoop thru them. With all the power, doubles are a snap.

It was solid revs and F`s up there. I saw one guy tapeing his tail light on and herd from a guy at a gas station that he was going to get his buddys blown F7. But he thought they were drag racing out of the box practicaly.

Also did anyone notice that there sled likes to lean to the right in the air?

And I kept seeing this dash light flash on and off. I looked in the book and couldn`t see what it ment. The light was green and it said "LIFE".

:p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leaning to the right? At first I noticed mine would lean in the air and I thought yes this thing is a tippy bastard. Then the more I rode it I realized which ever way I was leaning thats the way the firecat would lean. If I was in the center it would fly staight. REMINDED me of racing motocross ,this sled does what ever you want it to do. Maybe unconciusly your tending to sit towards the right of the seat? Just my experiance riding this sled.

·
Registered
772 Posts
as for u guys that went to ironwood?? did u go near wakefield?? im staying in wakefield..im sure the trails are beat..but i wanna hit some loggin roads?? any good spots out there still after the groomers go by ?? im going wed...although its supposed to get warmer im sure it will still have more then enough..are the conditions worse near lake gogebic?? or are they better going towards silver city?? plus someone said trail 11 is closed?? is that true?? any info is much appreciated...never been there yet...i just wanna tap the throttle :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
i feel so much better that its not how bad they been running and peoples problems, i like these alot better... still gonna wait till next year for and f7...i cant wait to see what there doing for spring orders (as much as i hate to see spring)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
DARIN,

Glad to hear all went well for you and you r long awaited F7 Team Green. I'm hoping to sneak a 'break-in' ride somewhere this coming weekend..... :wacko:
-John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts