Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am getting an f7 and i have heard from my buddys that they dart alot???if so are the Powder Pro skis or the Simmons skis helpfull. Also has any one heard any thing about AC having Elec Reverse for 07 if so will they make a retro kit for older sleds??????

:dunno: :fluffy: :fluffy: :no_bashing:

·
Registered
412 Posts
There is a recent post somewhere about ski's. The guys who have them say they are one of the best mods they have added to there firecats. I don't know from personal experience haven't got to ride mine yet. I've ridden my brothers 04 and it didn't seem to bad to me. My wife's f5 wasn't to bad.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
if you mainly trail ride stay away from the pp's. They are much more agressive and will dart more. As for stock, mine was fine, didnt dart at all. Check the firecat tip section for a good suspension set up

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Good skis are a must. Buy yourself a set of used C&A's for a hundred bucks or so. I have never used PP's so I can't comment on them.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Good skis are a must. Buy yourself a set of used C&A's for a hundred bucks or so. I have never used PP's so I can't comment on them.[/b]
Do you know where I might find a used pair of C&A's for a hundred bucks or so? Prefer black or green since I am asking, hehehe!!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
YES, CHECK EBAY!

theres been a dealer selling all the C&A models any color for good prices... :div20:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm running the C&A pros w/ 10" of carbide on the T-Cat and like them.
But...On the F-Cat I run the stock skis w/ 32 total " of carbide (Woody 8"x4 Dually).
No darting and GREAT steering. I also set up the Sno-Pro suspension with almost "zero" preload. :div20:

·
Registered
887 Posts
Originally posted by Retro6@Sep 25 2005, 05:17 PM
Do you know where I might find a used pair of C&A's for a hundred bucks or so? Prefer black or green since I am asking, hehehe!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=891953
[/quote]

hey retro im in rochester right next to you. i got a set of like new c&a adx's with 6 inch shaper bars on em. 200 miles on ski's, these are the adx and are yellow i need 175.00 for em. they are in mint condition 2 rides on em.let me know u can come over to my shop and take a look.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I know that the reveiws on the staggared runners that came on the 05s were a improvement and the Woody dooleys would eb the same i guess. I run the C-As outlaws with minimal darting.

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
I liked the Powder pro's alot, didnt' seem to aggressive for me. I ran them on my M7 also and the worked great on the trail and mountains. Nice turning. I was wondering why I went without them for so long.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sio the dealer im going through hooked me up with so,me simmons for cost :luxhello: and would the normal cat skis that come with it sell for any money :dunno: and what have you guys been getting out of them for speed???
Thanks Ryan~

·
Registered
134 Posts
Check out your local sno-x race circuit in the classifed ads.. racers are always selling skis cheap.. make sure that you also buy the correct ski shoe for your model sled !! good luck.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by YeeHawMan27@Sep 24 2005, 08:01 PM
Hi i am getting an f7 and i have heard from my buddys that they dart alot???if so are the Powder Pro skis or the Simmons skis helpfull. Also has any one heard any thing about AC having Elec Reverse for 07 if so will they make a retro kit for older sleds??????

:dunno:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :no_bashing:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=890641
[/quote]

If you are worried about darting then ABSOLUTELY STAY AWAY FROM C & A! Simmons Flexi-ski or Ski-doo Precision are the best ski for a turning non-darting combo. The stock skis don't dart but they don't turn very well either. The C & A's turn very well but they really dart ALLOT. The Simmons and Ski-doo are very aggressive for turning while at the same time almost eliminating darting. You may still have to tweak the suspension to get them just right but either one is the way to go IMO.

As for electric reverse--don't hold your breath, it's not going to be any time soon.

AC-F7

1 - 20 of 22 Posts