Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there has been posts on this stuff before but i cant seem to come across them in fact i think i posted one a while ago for my buddys F7 but now i have one and need to fix this thing. As you all the the 03' pull cord rubs on many things going down to the recoil which freys the cord and it eventually breaks. I think the main thing is rubs on is directly right inside the engine compartment. Its like a bar it rests on then after that bar its makes like a 35 degree angle going down into the recoil. What can i do to fix this? I was thinking of putting a piece of copper tubing from the recoil all the way up to the handle with flared ends on each side....but then again the cord is still rubbing INSIDE the tubing...what can i do besides buy new "strong, durable" pull cord. I wanna make sure it doenst rub on anything

-Wizzard

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
i used an old piece of rubber cooling hose. i thing it's probably a peice of 5/8 inch and i just zip tied it around the bulkhead to keep it in place and the cord doesn't rub on the bulkhead.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
3006-889 Rope - The factory 03s came with 4mm rope - This is the updated number for 6mm rope that i used on my wifes 2003 F5 and was standard on the 2005 sleds

0708-438 Rope guide - This comes on the 2005 F5 and will bolt up to the 2003 sleds - Mounts on the frame really easy and looks and functions great - Also used on my wifes 2003 F5

Both parts together were under $20

Also the factory console was changed in 2004 which i didnt replace because i wasnt concerned about it - They put like a bushing there were the rope come through the console by handle

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Go to the bottom of this page and click on the little drop down window, then look for FireCat tips. Should have some ideas there.

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
5.5 mm Spectra cord will fix the problem for good, and costs way less than a pice of rope from arctic cat

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Originally posted by Krom@Oct 5 2005, 05:38 PM
5.5 mm Spectra cord will fix the problem for good, and costs way less than a pice of rope from arctic cat
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=910925
[/quote]

Not when your dealer gives it to you for free :beerchug:

I have had zero issues with the Cat 6mm rope on both sleds but i know alot of people on this site have been using the spectra cord so its a free for all :div20:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
there was an update..free of charge...

mine was rubbing at the beginning of the 2002/2003 season, but once the update was done, doesnt rub anymore...still going now adays..stock pullcord...

·
Registered
501 Posts
just get the recoil guide for a f5 like i did from alpha sports part # 0708-438 $ 21.00 and get the updated rope no more problems :banana:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
go to my ebay auction,look up my member name 0965doo,I sell spectra pull cords :div20:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts