Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start this off by saying this...........
i got back into sleds after working on pwc for years.............i had my own pwc race/repair shop and sponsored some local racers . 2 strokes and myself go along very well ...............i got out of pwc , because of the laws and hassels and it was just to damn busy to enjoy my summers . with that being said , this is what im up to now...............
ive worked with a company called ADVENT PRODUCTS for the past few years , testing and r&d'ing products for them , plus im a dealer for them . the products they make are ignition boxes and tachometers, they are without a doubt the best products ive ever used . they take pride in quality and stand behind their products .
what i am going to be working on them with this time is aftermarket cdi's ecu's for arctic cat firecats . the tachs will also be available to run off stator power , so no need for a 12 volt battery.
right now they are wrapping up the ignition for the polaris sleds and cats are next. the units WILL increase the performance of your sled , and be safe as stock.
the tachs are state of the art as well..........................with built in egt, holeshot timers and a million other goodies.
please check out the products at www.adventproducts.com and if you want further info please contact me direct or call greg at advent . thanks !!!!!!!!!!! all the units will be ready for next season.................... :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
what is the contact information??????

·
Registered
313 Posts
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Mar 24 2003, 07:15 PM
earl, you can contact me at [email protected] or greg at advent via their web site listed above. thanks
Will these ecu's be programmable from us. We need a programmer. D&D is making one now, but its nice to have options available.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Is the statement being made that if we get a programmer for the ECUs..We can program the current EFI F7s for Twin Pipes ?? :)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the programmers are more money , but ! you wont need it in reality, there are different options you can switvh to with the flip of a switch.................. :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If i could control the efi curve myself, i'd LOVE to add twins to my F7. That would be sweeeeet!! Does anyone know if a 'programmer' is what D & D is coming out with? What kind of interface will it have? Could you hook up a laptop to it and monitor the fuel curve? Sorry, just getting a little excited here...

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill give some info and toss it out there...................
the way the jetski cdi units are its really cool.........................4 different timing curves for different setups, and all are just the flip of a switch away. there is a setup for stock pipe, or aftermarket , pump gas or race gas...............ill be in touch with greg soon and see what the cat units will be like and ill also try and get some more info on the efi setups .........these units are plug and go and changing timing curves is really easy by flipping the switch.
the egt setup is in the tach , not the cdi , just to make that clear. but these tachs are awsome to say the least on what they can do and they are a great product for tuning and data recording............one of the features is a egt alarm , if the egt goes higher than what you programmed into an bright red alarm light activates and tells you what cyl is heating up. more to come...................

·
Registered
899 Posts
way cool put in a switch for drags too!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't care for a chip that someone else has to program. I loved the powercommander for the motorcylces. You can change the fuel every percent at every 500 rpms. On top of that, you can change the fuel at 2,5,10,20,40,60,80, and at 100% throttle openings. Now that is a programmer! I know D&D is making they're programmer to be adjusted by you, but I don't know how detailed it is. We'll know in a few months.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
red,
the advent units are very user friendly with no headaches . the best possible curves will be put into the finished product and the customer just has to flip a switch if a change is nessasary . besides, after you pick the best setup for you, why do you really need a programmer? once its done, you would not have to reprogram or create another one.......unless you wanted to do some drags or something on race gas then the switch flipping would be nessasary, but a programmer for most people is really not needed, when its finished take a look at the finished product and keep an open mind. advent has developed the best ignitions out there for pwc and they will have the same results with sleds, im sure of it. ^_^
as for the 440 race sled, im not sure ill look into it, but that sled already has a basic adjustable ignition system.....................

·
Registered
772 Posts
f-5....curious...with these u say...they can be programmed for u by the guys at the place...and then u can flip a switch..so anotherwords..will these be like a 2 mode box- on one mode its just like bone stock..and u flip the switch and its for racing only..or is this somehting that is "trail safe" but using more of the available HP???...like if most f7s are geting 132 hp..does this mean ur system would give it a real world 140 + ?? curious!! and intrigued...maybe then ill beat the stock 800 ski doo renegades haha (which i cant seem to now ugg)

My biggest thing is being trail safe!...and now worrying about its being built for just 660-foot races...which when we race its mroe of a top to bottom type racing..like 1/2 to 3/4 mile typed races...

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bfc,
here is an example of what a yamaha ignition is available with, remember this is just one of many ................ these curves are some that are available for yamaha pwc that have been modded with triple pipes.

Curve set D28 Curve# Head Pipe Fuel Notes
Yam-62 30cc domes Factory Triple 110 octane-VP103 Super stock, flat top pistons
Yam-44 42cc Factory Triple 92 octane Aggressive Rec/Endurance
Yam-64 30cc Factory Triple 99 octane
Yam-66 30cc Factory Triple 101 octane

here is the same unit setup for more of a rec rider using the stock pipe or a single pipe called a "stinger"--------->

Curve set D70 Curve# Head Pipe Fuel Notes
Yam-83 Stock Stock 92 octane OEM Curve
Yam-94 Stock Stock or Riva Stinger 92 octane Aggressive stinger curve
Yam-59 41cc Riva Stinger 92 octane Mild stinger curve
Yam-84 Stock or 41cc Stock or Riva Stinger 92 octane Aggressive stinger curve

the snomobile units will be very close to the pwc units , as you can see there are many many different things that an owner can have programmed into their unit. i myself will have a racegas setup and a pump gas setup when they are available .........i wish i could give a lot more detail now , but i have to wait as well till i get more of the specs from them. they are working with some pretty big polaris guys and running them on a dyno to make sure they will be extremely safe for rec use. thats where a dyno comes in handy, you can load the motor hard for a long period of time to make sure no detonation shows up and to make sure th etrail curves wont be on the edge..............

1 - 17 of 17 Posts