Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to decide. I have never owned a zr only zl's. I weigh 230 # and ride trails 80 to 90 % of the time then like to take the rough way the other time to get a little excitment. What about the position sensitive rear shock going into the sabercat? Is this a new thing like the infamous SS setup that went the way of the dodo bird? Has this shock been time tested? Which is going to need more attention, the sabercat or the firecat as shocks go? I am leaning toward the F6EFI right now but just am wondering which I would be happyer with.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm struggling with the same thing. I don't care for the painted tunnel on the Sabercats or the "Tooth" graphics on the front belly pan. Problem is everytime I think I have decided I see another difference I have to deal with. Hopefully when I make it to a show I will just get over their pricing tweaks and decide. I'm also struggling with F6 EFI or F-7 EFI. Favorite sled was an 800 triple but I'm riding a 600 now. Leaning toward the F-7.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I would like to know myself about the Sabercats shock also although I've already ordered the sled. I weigh about the same. My son in law ordered along with me but went with the Firecat. Both sleds are 600's and both have EXT suspensions. Should be fun compairing the two together ride wise and to see how the shocks hold up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you check Polaris has been using the pos. sen. shockfor years . My friend has a 99 polaris that has it on it and has never had any problems with it . I think that shock is rebuildable not sure the others are not . All shocks on Firecat are rebuildable . SS is not on Sabercat cause it will not fit shocks are different sieze . Dealer says they may come out with it later . It works but they did not sell enough maybe to warent the cost. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Cat had a lot of problems with the ss shock leaking & having to rebuild or replace . The PSS shock is trouble free for the most part .& works good

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is what i wanted to hear. I would assume the power would be the same in a sabercat and firecat of the same size.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I looking at buying a Sabercat this week, I will get the short track because I do mostly trail riding, I am also thinking about getting the 7, I ride a triple six now and it pulls like crazy, I think the extra weight of the starter and reverse will need the 7 instead of the 6.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I saw the SaberCat on display at the Grand Geneva Races Saturday, and I wasn't too sure about the durability of the plastic trunk box. I liked the idea, but thought is should be made more durable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts