Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of my F7 Canadian with red LED running board lights. These are a new product which have been developed by a local electronics company and I have exclusive rights to. They are cased in a lexan shell and use the highest intensity LEDs available today. Result: excellent shock and vibration withstanding capabilities and near forever life for lights as well as added safety for nightriding. The fact that they look really cool helps too.LOL. They are available in red, blue, amber, yellow and of course green. They can be controlled with a switch or even run with a battery when sled is not running for increased visibility on trail at night when parked on a trail for rest stop. Let me know what you guys think. I will be trying to post better pictures later if I detect interest.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i really need better pictures. I cant tell what im looking at. It looks like some one held the camera @ a 45 degree angle or somthing.

It sounds like a good product idea. LEDs were a good idea since they consume very little power.. F7 has only 4 amps of power to spare. I cant even run all 4 dam headlamps at the same thime. I want one mounted under the air intake in the hood (beak of the hood). Id like to see that thing glow @ night.

Can you take pictures of this thing in the daylight? Id like to see the actuall product. When you bottom out crossing a snow bank, does that thing get hung up?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures were taken with sled sitting downhill on a bank in my driveway. The ones on the sled are rough prototypes and production ones will be finished much better. The light intensity will be same. As for draw they only draw 1/4 amp and a custom unit for the nose could be developed. The intention is to provide a product for any make sled. My Firecat just happened to be the guinea pig for this product. I am just looking for interest in product. These look really cool going through powder at speed. As for going over ditches and banks they will take any abuse the running board could take without damage. Rocks and pavement are definite exceptions. End of next week I will have green ones mounted on my 01 Mountain Cat LE. Pieces to be custom developed for finished product will be in 2-3 weeks and production will start on consumer product.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Do they mount straight onto the bottom of the running boards? i really like the idea. Let me know when the become available. I would like a set. Gotta get one for the fcat hood though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They mount flat on bottom of running board and up to the bellypan and put to the edge of heat exchanger. I will post a picture of the mounted unit tomorrow. the wires run out of end to in between bellypan and runningboard. the wires are exposed for 1/4 inch at most and are tight to bottom of sled. They plug in to accessory outlet located in or under exhaust valve servomotor. I had to remove pipe and exhaust servomotor to pull plug up to use(very easy). The whole install took only 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It's bad enough looking at the kids around here with neon light on there Chrysler Neons, Now I have to see it on sleds as well... :p

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Did the same thing on my 00zr500. Used orange clearence lights I bought at a hardware store. I'm thinking I'll probably do red ones on my F7 over the summer. To busy riding to do it know haha. It cost me about $20 dollars total to do and a couple hours, but looks really sweet when its done. I broke one lense last year but I also broke the frame outa that deal so. It only cost me 3 dollars to buy a new lense. Here is a link to my webpage with a few pics and stuff on how I did it. http://www.csicable.net/~kc81c/lights.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts