Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some info on the Firecat oil caddy, such as who produces it, where I can see a pic of it, how it attaches, dimensions etc.

Does anyone have a link to a website that offers it? Any pics from the people who own one? What are the dimensions of the "cargo area"?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I believe mine is made by Powermadd. Just uses existing chaincase cover bolts, real easy to put on. Holds a quart of whatever you use, stays in place real well.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
i got one and it is made my powermad... bolts right up to the chaincase and looks good. Seems it will hold the oil nice and tight too.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I have an oil caddy too, it's called the seat storage. I couldn't find one that would work with the reverse chaincase, so i improvised and went to walmart and bought some bottle of stp oil additive which was in a nice little bottle about half to three-quarters the size of a regular quart container, fits nicely in the back with room for tow rope and some other things.

FF

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by Firecat_freak@Oct 5 2005, 11:49 AM
I have an oil caddy too, it's called the seat storage.  I couldn't find one that would work with the reverse chaincase, so i improvised and went to walmart and bought some bottle of stp oil additive which was in a nice little bottle about half to three-quarters the size of a regular quart container, fits nicely in the back with room for tow rope and some other things.

FF
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=910120
[/quote]

I sure hope that you have the oiltop duct taped closed?My friend found out the hard way what an open oil container does to the back of a sled when it comes open pounding down the trails.It was nasty and he still gets oil ooze from the sides of the seat once in awhile :augen41:

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
comon now, you know how tight it is in there, i have to push the bottle down in there, it isn't gonna move if i ran the sled on a sno-cross track.

FF

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Just a note on the oil container in the rear storage...

I also had a friend that alswys used to do that until one day he couldn't
figure out why he couldn't keep his feet on the running boards... (fell off twice that day)

He had his compartment packed so tight but the top still came off..

Be careful, it is messy and could be dangerous

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try shade tree - has 2 types. Order by end of today and get 20% off - tell them you attended the Big East snowmobile show. RIDE HARD & BE SAFE. Hdfatty

Shade Tree Oil Caddy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts