Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Was just wondering how the screen is? I am used to analog speedos and have never used anything digitally related. I thought it was was cool when Yamaha released their digital readout on the Viper. But does arctic-cat have the edge when it comes to these digital displays? How clear are they? Are they easy to see at both day and night? Is the light backlit an orange or red like colour? Are the digits large or smaller? I am also curious to hear how well the digits scroll up as you accelerate? Do they skip digits like 44..46...49...50... or is it more smooth like 44...45...46...47...48.. etc. Just really want to get a feel to how this display is on the firecat and if its really that accurate? Do *you* think this is a technology that will stay on snowmobiles in the future? Or is it a trend? Alot of people on this forum have had a chance to ride with the firecat so I think we should get alot of imput on this thread.

Thanks again,
Circa

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Haven't paid too much attention to the increments of the speedo but I can tell you the LCD tach increments are by 10 rpm. The back lighting is red and a little on the dim side. I don't like the tach movement in analog mode because it is way to jerky. Overall I think the technology is there, it just needs to be finessed. Kind of cool to be able to look at total hours, last max rpm, etc. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm I wonder if this is a problem with just certain sleds or the whole line up? Do you think these changes are meant to be fixed in 04? Thanks for the reply's keep em coming!

Thanks,
Circa

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was gonna ask as well, what kind of features does the display have? Like trip, miles etc...?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Use MPH in digital mode and Tach in analog. Find myself able to instantly know the MPH and not have to decipher EXACLTLY how fast I'm going looking at a dial(bumps are hard to lock in on anything). I really don't care about RPM's that much, just the ballpark.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know I think this gauge has a better advantage cause of lcd. I noticed that today on my sled when you get past 70-75 miles and hour you really don't want to be looking at your gauge to see how fast your going. At that speed you need to be looking at where your going and just be taking quick glances to see your speed. I think I am convinced it is a good display.

Anyone else care to comment?

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
When I'm on the lake going for top speed I can't keep my eyes off of the speedo. Works much better than the old style and my backlighting is perfect.

·
Registered
544 Posts
i really like being able to switch from mph to rpm.... i use both to make sure the clutching works out. night driving sucks because the light is very dim... i can see it but needs to be brighter

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
tried yesterday to get local dealer to fire up a f-6, to see if guage was brighter
wouldnt do it, because once fuel and uil are in sled his insurance prohibits the sled to be on the showroom floor, all gas and oil have to kept behind fire doors in the shop area
if he sells it ans preps it he said he would check guage for me, also wonder if 04's will use the digital gas guage?

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
the only time I look at the speedo/tach is top speed and rpm after I change something on the clutch. I never do either at night so I never really look at the guage at night. no need

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
certain places have posted speed limits in town and congested areas where trail pigs set up speed traps,
kinda nice to be able to see at night how fast you are going!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts