Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a nasty little accident (mid air barrel roll) over the weekend. The end result is a cracked hood, busted windshield and ent handlebars. I would like to hear from anyone who has replaced thier handlebars. More spcifically, do I need to order the hand warmer compnonets as well ? I was told they may be damaged when I take off the grips.

Any tips for removing grips would be helpful as well.

D

·
0 Posts
Slit the grips with a razor being careful to not go through and cut the heaters. Put a heat gun to the heaters and they will easily peel off.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just like yz114 said, you need to buy the clamp kit also.It comes with a nice bar pad also.I believe the handle bar model I got was the Mini Pro.Works really nice if u do a lot of standing when riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Say arcticmannf7 in that pic your throttle cable looks to reach just fine, did it still with the taller riser?The reason I ask is cause mine was about a 1.5 inches to short so I had to get a throttle cable exstension.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I could go about 1" taller right now without having to extend my throttle cable. The riser in the pic is a 2" setup that combined with the bars got me up about an 1" over stock. All it took was one ride to decide I needed to go higher.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thanks, I think my setup is about 8.5 inches if you count the rise in the bars.That would explain why the need for the longer cable I guess.At that hight though I can stand up straight & reach bars easy.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
arcticmannf7,

So you mentioned having your bars at approx. 7" tall overall.... You figure you could go another inch(up to 8") and still run the stock cable?

I have the stock 4.5" riser along with an Iso-Vibe that has a 2-1/4" rise for a total rise of 6.75" and the throttle cable is just fine. I was thinking about switching the stock 4.5" riser to a 5.5", giving me an overall height of 7.75" of rise. If I don't have to mess with adding the cable extention I just might ..... Thoughts? Thanks.
-John

·
Registered
150 Posts
I could get another inch by routing the cable out side of the riser instead of through it. My buddy has a ZR 9 with the 6.44" riser plus almost 3" rise in the bars and adapter kit. He run the stock cable outside the riser. The only time it gets tight is full right lock and even then only raises the rpm to a fast idle. I would not recommend his set up though.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Anybody have stock bars for sale? Preferably with warmers and grips.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Where can u buy FLY bars? And how much are they??? Which way do u think would be better to go, Fly bars, or riser? This would be on a F-7... And, what do u think of the Iso-Vibe??? The seem like a good idea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts