Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been hearing rumors in relays in the province of Quebec about a F9. Probably only bullshit, but if it's true, I will need to trade my F7 in. I just loves my FireCat. I just the chance to kick some Bombardier (REV800), Polaris (Edge700) and even some ZR800 asses recently on a lake (even with only 50 miles on odo »»» I know, I know, I just couldn't resist). Wish we could some of the snow that just fell in NY.

Luc
:ph34r:

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
Your Right sniper they do!

I read In a Mag last month (snow tech I think) it was a interview with an articat rep. they said the f9 "sounded like a chat room rumor". However this dosn't mean it doesn't exist, Many companies have denied the existance of a product untill they are read for public.

If money and Time where not a factor. I would love to Buy a f7, and a ZR 900 to see if I could switch the engines. they would both be hot sleds if it would work!!??

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've heard the F9 rumors as well, but when you think about what would have to change in the F chassis to make this fit, at this point it just seems unlikely. The bulk head would have to been widend, which would affect the A-arm length (current design) if they just widend the machine we would be past the 43" stance.

I think a major tweeking of the chassis will probably come within the next year to house a bigger block for a 900 or it might be dropped in favor of the performance 4 stroke, you never know.

I believe other rumors to be more pratical:

F6 efi ( not rumor just fact ) approx. 125 HP
F8 easily done with larger bore and stroke (already has been done in the aftermarket)
HellCAT 1000 or 1100, we will see now won't we. (I bet cat is glad that Yamaha fired the first shot on this one, performance 4-stroke wise.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts