Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I detail cars at a dealership and one of the leasing guys has a friend with an 03' Polaris XCR 800 triple. He was telling me how fast it is and I told him that my F7 would spank him. After teasing him for a while, he called his friend and asked him if he was confident that his sled would win. The guy said yes, so the leasing guy bet my friend and I $500 that his friends Polaris will win. I'm pretty confident that I'll win, but I would like to hear what other people have to say about the race. Has anyone raced one of these before? If so, did you win and what mods (if any) are done to your sled? I have a standard F7 (stock) with 102 picks and I weigh 145 pounds. We plan on racing soon, so let me know what you guys think. Thanks !!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
check my post called victims in houghton ,mi
my f-7 beat a xcr 800 2 of 3 times in 600 ft
but iweigh 265 lbs, the xcr rider was about 200 lbs, get the start with the right rider and the xcr will lose, dont try it for 1,000 ft or more the triple will pass you!

·
Registered
593 Posts
IF HE IS WILLING TO BET 500 DOLLARS I WOULD BEWARE. YOU CAN MAKE THOSE THINGS FLY. IF YOU DO RACE MAKE SURE IT IS 1000 FEET OR SHORTER. I HAVE A F7 AND SMOKE TRIPLES IN SHORT RACES BUT IN THE LONG RUN A 800 TRIPLE WILL PASS YOU, I DON'T CARE WHAT ANY ONE SAYS A TRIPLE WILL OUT RUN A TWIN IN A LONG RACE EVERY TIME (700 CC TRIPLE AND UP)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Definately make sure that the race is no longer than 1000ft. Even at 100ft he will be gaining on you hard!!
If you are confident that your sled is hooking up well, you should do just fine. But dont underestimate that sled, remember it puts out around 154 hp, but is heavy!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
make sure you only have 2 gallons of gas in your tank (weight) and dress lite! the 800pol. can be fast if set up right...he may not be stock!, but if he is stock, my money is on the F7 B) PS. also put on some old worn carbides and throw in some amsoil 2000 :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
I raced (2 times with same results) a piped & clutched XCR800 and a SRX700 clutched. At 660ft the XCR had cought up to me and the SRX was 4-5 sled lenghts back. I have a F7 SP with 144 megabites and a DP clutch Kit which runs even with my buddy's F7, same setup minus the clutch kit. If you race over 1/8 mile look out he will be with you. (I'm 200lbs)

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
One of my freind's as a 800 xcr 97 i think maybe newer...it has 190 some pick's....pipes...clutch work done and geared also has some home porting done nothing major.We ran them from a dead stop to about 100mph..i would get him out of the hole for about 350 ft or so then he would go by and get about 2-2 1/2 ahed and stay there.It is the only time i lost and i ran aginst 900..zr 800..r-ton..poo's...and doo's.Be very carefull they are fast!!
Last year at a rader run one of the guy's here ran 122 with a stock 02 xcr!!!
Also a 02 t-cat with clutch work went 120 so it just show's how fast those xcr
are!!!!GOOD LUCK!!!!!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Do you have a 1.375 inch track or the 1 inch. if you have the 1 inch you will beat him from the beginning right through to top end. I have a stock f7 snopro with a 1.375 and on hard pack snow on a lake i raced a stock 03 xcr800 and smoked him on hole shot and midrange but top end he creeped by me by about 1 or 2 sled lengths, if i would have had the 1 inch track i would have beat him because the 1.375 will slow you down on top end, but its the race is 1/4 and you got the 1.375 you will beat him! well if both sleds are stock you will.

·
Registered
960 Posts
post the results!! an make sure if u win tell him he sucks because he does :lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I guess those sleds are pretty fast! Everyone is telling me to race 1000 feet or so or he'll get by me. I was thinking a 1/4 mile race, which is about 1300 feet or so. I'm sure he'll want to race a longer distance because his sled's a triple, but I'm gonna tell him that cars usually race in the 1/4 mile, so that's what we should race to make it fair. I like Dave Cat 7's idea of reaching over and hitting the kill button? :D I was told today for the first time that the Polaris has reeds in it. Do you think this will make any difference in the race? Remember, my sled isn't a sno-pro, so I only have the 1'' track. I don't know how much the other guy weighs, but I'm sure I weigh less than him (I'm 145 lbs.) I'll probably do as FINFAST F7 said and only have a couple gallons of gas to keep the weight down. Every little bit counts! Well, I guess I'll wait to see what some more people have to say about the race and go from there. -Thanks for all your comments.

·
Registered
614 Posts
You know, you don't have to bet him $500 unless YOU are willing to do it. Just bet him a good lunch on the trail. No biggie, just have some fun with it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I've raced my friends, two of which have Mach Z's. A 2000 and a 2001. Neither of them can touch me. Although, we have yet to race to top end. Usually, I'm so far ahead we just slow down. This is not BS, hard pack, loose pack, whatever! I say take that XCR on! Just make sure it isn't a 3 mile race.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Well I have a stock standard F7. I have raced a 99 xcr 800 (old agressive syle hood) with clutching and reeds. At 1000ft he has me and just keeps on pulling. I have raced him many times (brothers sled). He doesnt pull on me super hard but I can not touch him.
In my honest opinion, he will beat you in a 1320 ft race. Remember, you have a 700 twin, he has an 800 triple triple!!
Nothing to be ashamed of if we give them a damn good go.
But, the longer the race, the better the chance he has of beating you!

These F7s are damn fast, but the XCR 800 is the triple of all triples in my opinion!

Have fun, and good luck!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Well I have a stock standard F7. I have raced a 99 xcr 800 (old agressive syle hood) with clutching and reeds. At 1000ft he has me and just keeps on pulling. I have raced him many times (brothers sled). He doesnt pull on me super hard but I can not touch him.
In my honest opinion, he will beat you in a 1320 ft race. Remember, you have a 700 twin, he has an 800 triple triple!!
Nothing to be ashamed of if we give them a damn good go.
But, the longer the race, the better the chance he has of beating you!

These F7s are damn fast, but the XCR 800 is the triple of all triples in my opinion!

Have fun, and good luck!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Be careful! If this guy wants to bet $500, something is done to it or he is incredibly stupid! A bad holeshot, or a spinning
track could cost him $500, I smell a rat, or a guy who is very careless about his money. Somebody would have to be the
victim, you or him. Remember, everybody's sled is stock! If you decide to race him for $500, a couple suggestions. Be damn
sure of what he is running, and don't go over 1000 feet. I have a buddy that has a 99 800XCR that looks and sounds like stock, but has a HTG 1000 big bore kit and has dynoed at 210 horsepower. Just saying you do not know what you may run across. Bet him lunch like one of the earlier posts said. If you beat him, you can still have fun rubbing it in while he pays for
your surf & turf. If you lose, you are not out $500. My .02. :D Think SNOW!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
1st set your up with some chissel studs if your racing ice, but atleast you better bring to the table more than 102. on a standard 1" track that ain't going to be enough. On somewhat hard pack surface or deeper snow on a lake it won't make much of a difference and you'll likely have better top end ( less rotating mass). But for a sure fire win, make sure to pull one of his plug caps or hit the kill switch, or throw a midget on your sled. But don't race over a 1000 ft

1 - 20 of 30 Posts