Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had good luck with my firecat until last night. I was screwing around with my clutch making some test spins when the check engine light started flickering,so I stopped the sled and she was making gurgling sounds,I felt the head and burned my hand ,both running boards stone cold.Started looking around and found the pto side coolant hose had come right off of the running board exchanger. There wasnt a stich of coolant in the machine.I took the y pipe off and the mag side piston looks like she started to seize.I gotta go to my dealer to see if he wants me to put it back together and ride it and just bring it back at the end of the season or bring it down now.If I was you I would check those clamps.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had a clamp loosen up on the left side (clutch side), in the back, where the elbow hose runs from the rear cooler to the left side running board. I actually saw a little tiny bead of coolant on the edge of the board at the front of the sled. The hose was just seeping a little coolant, and it was running all the way down the groove in the board to the front of the sled. And when I say a little, I mean like a drop of coolant, I don't know how I happend to see it, just got lucky I guess.

Once the sled warmed up, the hose sealed itself shut, but I had the dealer check the hose and replace the clamp.

Good idea to check your clamps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow! When I first started riding my sled, the temp light came on a few times. I shut er down immediately and checked the running boards. Stone cold. Plenty of coolant in the res. I tipped the machine on it's side each way a few times figuring there must have been some air in the system. It worked. Then I bought a new belly pan. I had the sled up in the air and the old pan dropped. I was checking the oil injection pump/linkage/adjustment and hoses. Get this, I found a slice in the small heater hose that connects the two throttle bodies together. It was dripping ever so slightly. Never ran the machine out of coolant though. As soon as I touched it, it streamed coolant.

By the way, I hope none of you ever have to replace that little bastard hose. What a pain in the ass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts