Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ridden the F6, I got a price today! I will be trading my 2001 ZR 600 carb. I just hope all the bugs are worked out! I have had 4000 miles of trouble free riding on the ZR.
JAY

·
Registered
49 Posts
liv4sno, it you don't mind my asking, what price were you quoted and from which dealer? I am going to be ordering one soon and just want to know how flexible the msrp is from the AC website. Thanks :D

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
ZRT600 , My son in law ordered a F6 Monday but with the EXT . About $7200 before tax. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I picked up my F6 about 3 weeks ago. Like you, I had a 2000 ZR600. You'll love the F6. I thought I'd miss my ZR. No Way! You won't regret your choice. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
My buddy just bought the F-6 and I tried it out. ...It fly's! Lots of power, great ride. I'm snow checking one for next year! I'm paying $7315.00 for the standerd efi w/102 studs & screen kit w/ cover.....out the door! :D

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I'm snow checking one for next year! I'm paying $7315.00 for the standerd efi w/102 studs & screen kit w/ cover.....out the door![/b]
Tax included??? If so, that sounds like a hell of a deal.

Using conservative numbers…

7299 (MSRP F6 standard carb) + 450 (studs, cover, screen kit) + 460 (6% Tax) = 8209
That works out to be ~ 890 discount. That is huge. I would keep my 7 and buy a 6 for next year at that price. Anyone else getting this kind of deal or am I missing something....

·
Registered
593 Posts
tHERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MSRP AND THE ACTUAL PRICE YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY. ON MY F7 SNOPRO IT WAS A DIF OF ABOUT 900 DOLLARS

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
tHERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MSRP AND THE ACTUAL PRICE YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY. ON MY F7 SNOPRO IT WAS A DIF OF ABOUT 900 DOLLARS[/b]
I understand that. I just want to know if all the ‘out the door’ prices people quote include tax. If you purchased your sled for $900 under MSRP including tax, you got a hell of a deal too. Essentially the dealer had to take $1300 off MSRP. That kind of deal doesn’t happen around here. :angry:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quoted price
2004 F6 carb 1" track 7299
2001 zr 600 carb -4000
cover and belt 100
tax
3550 out the door!
I have bought three sleds from this dealer, they are hanging tough on retail!! What do ya think!

JAY

·
Registered
747 Posts
I can trade my '02 ZL800SSefi for an F6efi for $1800. I'm satisfied with the price, but not sure if I'll be dissapointed in going from the 800 to 600. What do you guys think that have ridden one or ridden with an F6? I have other things going on now, so I don't want to spend the extra for the 700. I get 15mpg here at home with my 800 and 17mpg in Canada. 250 miles/qt. of oil. I have 5500 miles on the 800 with no problems, but if I keep it another year, I'm afraid it won't be worth much with 9,000 miles on it. Still great riding here in upstate NY. Breaking 10" of fresh powder with highs in the low 20's. Today will be the last day of January powder type riding. Spring riding for the rest of the month. Really need some opinions on the F6!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is my first post, been a lurker.couldn't resist. I bought an F-6 after test driving a Rev 600HO 40-50 miles, couldn't get into it for several reasons. also tried the Blair Rev 4 miles same results. Ater being a previous AC and Doo owner decided I wanted to give the F6 a test. Drove it 4 miles, went back to my dealer and traded my 02 Doo for the F6. I must say the F6 handles great, am able to ride our twisted, tight trails with eaze, haven't had any problems in 300 miles. Not been able to ride as much as I would have due to personal commitments this year. I did the sealing of the tunnel and did get in a 100 mile day ride with heavy snow dust and had no icing. The sled handles great in the corners with no ski lift. Note, I'm 51 years old, 265lbs in gear, so when I bought the sled I had the fat boy spring kit installed without the shock valving done, may be why I don't have ski lift. :D :D This sled gets you to 80 fast, tops out for me at 107, and will launch even with my fat a** on it. My recomendation, BUY IT and don't worry about it, it takes the fun out the toy!!!! PS this site is great, thanks ROB and ALL Members.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey F600,
I am a Big Boy myself. What is the Spring Kit you talked about? Did you try it without the spring kit first? What were the differences you noticed? Also do you have the Sno Pro or Trail suspension? I am trying to decide what would be best for my Fat A$$. thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Loki, When I tried the sled, my dealer dressed me up in riding gear, set the sled suspension on his demo sled for my weight, with stock springs set position 3, pointed me to the trail section with the twisties and sent me off, said he'd see me in a couple of hours, was back in 15 minutes, dealer asked me what was wrong. Laughing to myself, I told him the sled was to soft, said he'd put in the heavy spring uprade and let me try it if I had an hour to wait. To answer your question, AC has a spring,shock valve uprade kit available for the Firecats. I didn't have a problem with the stock suspension as the dealer set it up, however I have always had to add stiffer springs to my sleds except for my 2-up Bearcat. The head tech there reccommended the kit to me because of my size. said he'd put it in a no charge during the set up and take it out if I didn't like it. Running sled on #1 position, got plenty of travel and bottoms out only in the real bad bumps. The sled is the early release 04, only available in standard suspension at this time. Is available sno-pro spring order. Dealer tech didn't recommend revalving shocks till I tried it. Also gave me all the springs he removed and the shock valve kits. The fat boy kit contains Heavy rear springs, heavy center shock spring and shock valving kits. I must say the dealers tech was right on this one, also let me in his shop to watch the setup of my sled from start to finish. Since I bought the sled I rode it back to my dealer while he checked everything over at 200 miles. so I got on the dealers demo to compare suspension set up, rode it for an hour, stayed with the fat boy set up. Demo sled had 1200 miles on it and had softened up some, as the tech told me it would, as well as mine has some. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
43 Posts
F600 that dealer of yours sounds pretty good to me. Which dealer is it? We should do more on this forum to promote good dealers as there are plenty of indifferent ones out there.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I reported a few weeks back that I had this sled to test for a while & said then keep your F7 in shape if u want to keep ahead in 80- 85mph distance . Great sled

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Saw an F6 this weekend! Rode 350 miles in the Jackman, ME area. Excellent riding! The F6 was parked at a bar, I stopped and looked it all over! Pretty sharp, but the decals were falling off so that didn't turn me on, but that is the least of my worries! I am trying to find one to try, my dealer sold 5 last month! he couldn't keep them around! Still trying to decide to order one or not?
Trading hurts because they don't want to budge from retail! JAY

Rob nice site--THANKS!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts