Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's acouple pic's from sunday jan 6 there must have been 20+ sled's here at the fire tower nice ride upto and back had a good day trail's were better than expected the last pic is me and three rider's i met riding from my house in pownal they were out of stamford and mass

·
Registered
949 Posts
Nice pics. I've been meaning to get up to the fire tower this year. Hopefully after the next snow!

·
Registered
949 Posts
next time we ride we can give it a try as long as I don't have my dad with me.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Me and "doug1991" were up there on the 1st in the middle of the big snowstorm. You could only see about 30 feet it was snowing REAL hard! And the winds were incredible. Only someone with a death wish would go to the TOP of the tower. Once we got past the line of trees the conditions were absolutely insane, so we came back down. I took a couple of pics.....

Heading up before the snow picked up:

At the top...notice how much darker the pics look. This was at 11 AM:

Notice the snow sticking to all the metal...it was pretty slick!

·
Registered
949 Posts
That looks very similar to the one and only time I've been to the tower. A buddy and I went up on a day that it was snowing pretty heavily. We could barely see the trail. At the top, the tower was coated in ice. We made it up the first set of stairs, but it was so slippery that we didn't dare go any farther.

Once we get back onto the trails, we'll have to set a time to meet up and do some riding!

·
Registered
47 Posts
where is this? looks like fun and a trip I definetly need to plan this year. is it near a certain intersection on the VAST map?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's on the glastenbury loop trail and is marked on the trail as glastenbury mtn it was a good day for the ride up took two first timer's and they had a blast said they had not seen a trail like that in there whole time of riding in woodford guess they need to look around a little more there's all kind's of hiding spot's like that but you'd have to go southwest toward's prospect mtn or tift's trading post formely known as true's as there is some back wood's riding in that area that's called sucker pond

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Tell me about it....Everytime I got to Woodford all you see is dudes whipping up and down Airport rode at 90 MPH all day long. :yelrotflmao:

·
Registered
949 Posts
it's on the glastenbury loop trail and is marked on the trail as glastenbury mtn it was a good day for the ride up took two first timer's and they had a blast said they had not seen a trail like that in there whole time of riding in woodford guess they need to look around a little more there's all kind's of hiding spot's like that but you'd have to go southwest toward's prospect mtn or tift's trading post formely known as true's as there is some back wood's riding in that area that's called sucker pond[/b]
The sucker pond ride is fun, and there's a LOT more of that type of trail up that way. I've ridden all the way to Williamstown MA through there. There are trails over to Pownal and Bennington too.

If you head down to the heartwellville parking lot, you can also get up onto Dutch Hill. From there you can ride a lot of small trails to Florida and Savoy MA, or head through Readsboro and get onto some nice small trails that'll take you on the power lines to Whitingham, Halifax and beyond. Over that way a lot of the trails are on the VAST map, but are still small, mostly single-lane tracks just like the sucker pond trail.

There's no shortage of small trails in the area for those who like them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We went up Saturday. There was a moose hanging out at the top by the tower. I'll try to post pics later.

Also that trail narrow and is one way. You need to start on the Arlington side.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The sucker pond ride is fun, and there's a LOT more of that type of trail up that way. I've ridden all the way to Williamstown MA through there. There are trails over to Pownal and Bennington too.

If you head down to the heartwellville parking lot, you can also get up onto Dutch Hill. From there you can ride a lot of small trails to Florida and Savoy MA, or head through Readsboro and get onto some nice small trails that'll take you on the power lines to Whitingham, Halifax and beyond. Over that way a lot of the trails are on the VAST map, but are still small, mostly single-lane tracks just like the sucker pond trail.

There's no shortage of small trails in the area for those who like them.[/b]
There,s an exact same tower in savoy, a short ride from my house. Have pic's but their on old puter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts