Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want an extingusher for my enclosed trailer. but not one with the flimsly plastic straps.
I need a good strap to handle the road vibrations.........
any good ones out there?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would buy a type A,B,C extingusher in at least a 10lb size. This way it will be good for wood,petroleum,and electrical fires. The little marine sized extingushers with the plastic straps don't have much product in them and would only put out a small fire that was caught very quick. I had an engine fire on my company's Ford Superduty and it took everything a 10lb extingusher had to put out the fire all the way down to the last little poof the extingusher had. So bigger is better!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you want a half-decent one that can be strapped down and stay put you'll probably want to check out a welding supply place or something similar . . . while the extinguishers sold at the local department/hardware stores are fine, they're generally built a bit cheaper with plastic heads and plastic straps.

As mentioned, bigger generally = better as they will put out more of a fire. ABC-rated fire extinguishers will put out just about everything you'll come across short of a combustible metal catching on fire . . . or if you happen to haul around a fryolator behind your sled. :)

IMO, brands are not as important as long as they have the all-important Underwriter's Laboratories or Factory Mutual stamp of approval which means the extinguisher meets certain standards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.