Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a couple new acc. on yesterday, some red neon under the hood with a switch to the dash, the green grip plates, and 102 stainless studs with green plastic backers. The red neon looks sweet with sabrecat graphics. Cant friggin ride here in the midwest, (michigan) might as well mess with the ride. <_< ^_^

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and had to put the ol sticker on.....

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The studding complete...sabre 102 pattern

Attachments

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Hopefully you take it easy on those studs. 102 isn't nearly enough for all that power. Especially with plastic backers!!
Cat S.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i do mostly trail riding, just wanted some traction in the icy corners, and to help stop on any ice covered roads if need be. I've never used the platic backers but i havnt heard anything bad about them and the whole package just seemed so nice and light. I guess if i start throwin em i'll put some more. Anyone had any problems with platic?

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I had 168 plastic diamond backers in my 01 800 and never lost or cracked one. I babied her pretty good though. Never spun on ice or dirt if I didn't have to.
Cat S.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Bought plastic backers this year from shade tree. cracked 15 just during installation! Removed and installed alum. Shade Tree would not refund cash since package was opened. Will not order from there again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not to be a party-pooper, but I've had nothing but baaaad luck with Saber stuff. Put in 192 of their stainless warthogs and plastic backers on my 01 800 and ended the first ride with about 1/3 of them missing. Good Luck....

Chico

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've got the same set-up (102 SS studs and airlite backers from Fast-Trac) on my F7 sno-pro. Rode about 150 miles on icy trails and some seasonal roads. No problem with traction or with studs or backers breaking. lol

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I've use two types but by far Fast Trac is the BEST plastic backers and I'll never change brands again. You should be ok with the studs with the deeper track just watch ice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts