Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were out in the field last night with 2 F8's breaking in our sleds. I have about 65 miles on mine now.

I was coming across the field after some WOT runs and my buddy flagged me down, there was some major flames blowing out my exhaust and when I stopped and turned it off we had to throw snow on the underside to get the flames to go out.

I know they are over fueled during the breakin period but fuel blowing out the exhaust seems a little excessive.

Anyone else have a "flaming F sled"

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
Nothing like that on my new sled, but I did have that happen on my F7 after a VERY long WFO run on the river. Was prolly 30 mile stretch and was WFO for 25 of them.
When I pulled into the parking lot and waited for the rest of the sleds to show up, my one buddy noticed the flames. Raw fuel in the pipe + excessive pipe heat = flame-atude

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nothing like that on my new sled, but I did have that happen on my F7 after a VERY long WFO run on the river. Was prolly 30 mile stretch and was WFO for 25 of them.
When I pulled into the parking lot and waited for the rest of the sleds to show up, my one buddy noticed the flames. Raw fuel in the pipe + excessive pipe heat = flame-atude[/b]
sounds like an air box mod may fix the backfire problem

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was cleaning mine up today 45°F. and noticed my plastic is melted, I think more from run-on after shutting the key off. I'm taking it into the dealer for a check-up. I'll let them adjust the oil pump and blow it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts