Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finnaly got to put some miles on my F7 after having piston and cylinder replaced.

Good points:
Great power for a 700 :D
Great on the packed trails :D
Soaked up huge bumps at high speeds :D
Seems to get good fuel millage :)
Oil consumption is very low...Actually a little worried ;)

Bad points:
Head still getting hot (Tested against another F7 riding same speed and trails) Side heat exchangers still not very warm?? (Should I worry??) :blink:
Really Bad Vibration (Vibrates at all speeds but is the worst from 5100 to approx. 6100RPM's while driving) :wacko:
I still have to set up suspension so it won't have so much ski lift, I will try recomeded set up from this site. ^_^

Can anyone help with the vibration deal?? My wife will surely love it but it's going to shake itself apart.
Does anyone know something about the track rubbing or drive shaft seals that causes vibration? Any help would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree that vibration is a bad sign.

Does it happen at 5100-6100prm regardless of vehicle speed? Then it is from the engine. If it were track related it would be constant at a given speed, regardless of engine rpm. It sould be easy to tell the difference.

I hate to say this, but a engine vibration like that usually means a bad crank. :(

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob, I was thinking the same thing about the crank, But there is still a ton of power.
Never tried the sled with the belt off to see if was the motor or rotating parts. I will try today at let you know.

Thanks

·
Registered
485 Posts
:lol: Where are you riding at Jamie ? I sure hope your vibration turns out to be minor in nature. Maybe burping the baby is also in order just to be sure?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
carefull reving the sled with belt off no way to slow down the motor,
may have more than a bad crank doin that if your not carefull!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jay Rode with Brett (Hitman) from Novar up to Sprucedale. The trails were not groomed in the area but Sequin was used by others so it was packed down pretty good. On the way back to Novar 2 ATV's were chewing up the trail, Almost taged the first one when I came around a bend at high speed.
Dave cat 7, Thanks for the warning I'll be carefull.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The trail they were on is privatly owned and used for all Rec vechicals, They are asked to stay off in the winter and for the most part you never see them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts