·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the rebuild

here was the mess of a rear suspension

my own custom work on my heat shield

and the final product

anywyas let me knwo what you think guys. oh and before i forget you know the best part about thi rebuil it only cost me 250 bucks except for alot of man hours i out into it

·
Registered
314 Posts
Its nice to see so many people take the time & effort to keep/make their sleds something to be proud of. Alot of the used sleds you see are retched looking at best. I commend you on a job well done, Awesome looking sled :div20:

·
Registered
868 Posts
What paint is on your heat shield? I've been looking for some cat green high heat

to fo my heat shield but couldn't find any paint that would be good over 500F.

Nuhn

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
red accent really sets it off

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yup i bought the sled used at the end of march this year and right away i seen stuff after i got home that i wnated to fix up properly, the skid had those ugly nuts welded onto the rear spring adjuster tube to gusset were it previously broke, the front arm in the rear suspension was broken but they re welded it but the arm was twisted big time when you set thje arm on the ground 3 of the pivots touched the ground but one was an inch and a half off lol, the holes in the slide rails were ovaled out but no biggie there welded them up with the tig then set them up in the mill and made new holes, then made a new shaft for that rear arm so that it eliminates that bogus 12'' bolt by using 2 1.5'' long bolts from both sides to you can actually tighten it down good and tight, then i had to straighten the tunnel where it was twisted slightly no biggie there, clean up all the oily goop from the oil tank and all the belt dust and shit on it, then when i remove the chain case the lower beraing the outer race was cracked on it so i got all new bearings for the jack and drive shaft, then finnaly took the top end of and honed the cylinders a bit installed a new set of rings, and out her all back together plus alot of painting and powder coating work, the paint you see on the heat shield is duplicoat high heat paint with ceramic in it and is supposed to with stand temps of 1500 degree'd farenheight, then i used aluminum foil tape in the embossed letters from the arctic cat logo and along the edges of the pipe and where the straps are to hold the heat shileds onto the pipe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts