Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot off Accuweather today- PRAY this happens!! Heading to Pittsburg on the 19th this sure would be a very welcome storm to all of us sad from the "mother of all thaws" last week :(

Eastern Storm More Promising
12-JAN-2008 06:19am EST
Well, the wide-right storm of yesterday now looks on target for a near-the-big-city snowstorm. That is, a storm yesterday looked like it was going to stay well offshore and little or nothing would occur on the East Coast. Now, the storm has moved much closer to the coast and what was once a benign-looking storm, now shows a major East Coast snowstorm. There is still a lot to happen with this system as it comes into place during the next 24-48 hours. The model information we use that brought the storm closer to the coast is the same information we used yesterday to say the storm would stay out to sea. And in a few hours the latest information could revert back to the old ways or it could even bring the storm farther west. At this point it looks like the heavier snow will fall from northern New Jersey into southeastern New York and continue into eastern New England. More than a foot of snow will fall in some places, probably in southern New England and away from the coast.

CMON NOR"EASTER!!!

G

·
Hot off Accuweather today- PRAY this happens!! Heading to Pittsburg on the 19th this sure would be a very welcome storm to all of us sad from the "mother of all thaws" last week :(

Eastern Storm More Promising
12-JAN-2008 06:19am EST
Well, the wide-right storm of yesterday now looks on target for a near-the-big-city snowstorm. That is, a storm yesterday looked like it was going to stay well offshore and little or nothing would occur on the East Coast. Now, the storm has moved much closer to the coast and what was once a benign-looking storm, now shows a major East Coast snowstorm. There is still a lot to happen with this system as it comes into place during the next 24-48 hours. The model information we use that brought the storm closer to the coast is the same information we used yesterday to say the storm would stay out to sea. And in a few hours the latest information could revert back to the old ways or it could even bring the storm farther west. At this point it looks like the heavier snow will fall from northern New Jersey into southeastern New York and continue into eastern New England. More than a foot of snow will fall in some places, probably in southern New England and away from the coast.

CMON NOR"EASTER!!![/b]
chrmer3 I hope you are right. I plan on being up there the same weekend. If I see that fighter of yours I will say hi.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chrmer3 I hope you are right. I plan on being up there the same weekend. If I see that fighter of yours I will say hi.[/b]

Be up there with my wife- Staying at Metallak Shores be there for the week. Be great to see another HCS'r! Be back again in February for a week :) Cmon MAJOR WINTER storm!!

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
I stayed behind to plow snow, my daughter amd son-in-law went up tonite for a couple of days. I'm thinking end of week or next weekend.Ossipee if enough snow or Nash Stream if have enough time off. I could have plowed New Years Day,but was up north so I missed on a big check for holiday pay. Do the snow dance! plowking

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Be up there with my wife- Staying at Metallak Shores be there for the week. Be great to see another HCS'r! Be back again in February for a week :) Cmon MAJOR WINTER storm!!

Chris[/b]
Which week in Feb Chrmer?

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
I'm dancin like a mofo,while a weekend off to catch up around the house and get re-aquainted with the wife and kids was nice it's time to get back out there.

Looks like central NH is gonna get the best,I think I'll head to Andover/north again sat. for some more exploring.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which week in Feb Chrmer?[/b]
Hi Thump,
Feb 24-March 1

Lucky I have a friend in Pittsburg that I can leave my trailer/sleds at in Pitsburg next week so I do not have to drag them back to SC & back up in Feb, will make it nice.

Hope the 6-12" band is a low guess on amts- sure would be nice to get a foot+ with the cold weather in place for coming week!~

Chris :i_need_snow: :hyper:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts