Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,

Put 200 miles on my F7 this weekend, just got back a little while ago. So here are my comments on a bunch of topics.

First my F7. Had absolutely no problems.

I let the sled warm until the heat exchangers were warm to the touch. Sled never bogged, or stumbled once. It was a little stinky on that first tank of premix but ran great none the less.

People were right, it really is very responsive to rider input. I did notice a little push, but not anything terrible. I have 156 studs, so I think I need to go to either a 6 or 8 inch carbide and it should be perfect.

The power is awsome. I raced my brother's '01ZRT600 and Uncle's '02 ZR800 Cross Country about 10 times. The lakes were not frozen so we raced down some very wide, flat trails. There was probably about 8 or so inches of loosely packed snow. My brother's ZRT600 was never in the race. As far as the ZR800 I took him 9 out of 10 times. One time he was lined up where the groomer had just passed and I was still in the "soup" and he got the hole shot and I couldn' catch him. But the other 9 times, I had him by about a sled length. We must have been racing about 1500 to 2000 feet or so. Once I get that clutch kit in, that will be as close as the ZR800 ever comes.

What impressed me the most was the ride. I have a standard suspension and the sled was amazing in the bumps. Saturday in Old Forge was really bumpy. But I could maintain 50-70 mph over the bumps and the sled just asked for more. I guess the longer track really makes a difference, you just kind of float over the bumps.

On another note, I saw a ton of F7's and F5's. Reds, blacks, greens, Standard and Sno-Pro, Standard, Saber, Team and Patriot graphics, especially on Saturday. If I passed any of you guys, the sleds really looked great. We rode in Old Forge, up to Big Moose Yamaha, and on up to Moose River Plains and beyond. I had three or four people ask how the sled was when we stopped in the trails, for breakfast, and while getting gas. Most of the people I met offered me good luck with my new sled. I didn't get any of the wise cracks some of you have.

This Saturday we are going to Vermont. I am hoping to add Dan's clutch kit, and the Speedwerx Air Intake this week. I will let you know what I find if I get a chance to make this modifications.

Think Snow.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too!!! ;)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Tell us how adding the clutch kit and the sw air intake goes please. I am interested in seeing how it performes over stock!

thanks,dave.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do!! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Mike,

How were the trails over the weekend? I ended up riding to the south and didn’t make it up?

troy

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The trails in Old Forge were great on Friday, but by Saturday afternoon they were pretty beat up. The groomers were fighting a losing battle, there was just a ton of traffic.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
That is what I heard. Thanks for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts