Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to the dealer to pick my sled back up tonite!!!! The reverse kit came in last week and the dealer put it on this morning!!!! Does anyone else have theirs on? Was wondering how it was working. Will take some pictures when I get it back!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Really want to see some pictures. Going to have mine put on after the 1st of the year.

·
Registered
245 Posts
REVERSE IS HERE :D :D AWESOME. That was the only thing I didnt like about about my sled. HOW MUCH DOES IT COST??? How much was installation??

Ohh.... I gotta go call the DEALER :wacko:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlackSaber, I really don't remember what it cost!!! I paid for it when I picked my sled up but I think it was $300 installed. Worth the money!!!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
blacksaber,
what the hell do you need reverse for, i mean really, its not like we have to turn around much !! lmao !!!!!!! :p :lol:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Mine is going to be $500 installed.

Now that I have had it on my other sleds, I will never go back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike, when I traded my 02 ZR in, part of the deal was $300 for reverse installed.. He said that was his cost and that he would put it on for nothing!!! I dropped it off last night and he called me at 9:30 this morning and told me he was done, and was going to burp my sled again so I felt a little bit more secure on my trip to Colorado. I always thought the reverse kits took longer then that to install, but maybe the firecats are easier. We'll see in a few hours!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yeah Ok.... Not many times :wacko: that was driving me CRAZY.

$500 installed.. thats not too bad. I figured about that much. All 3 of my last sleds had reverse, I swore I'd never go back without it. I cant wait.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Chad, that is funny because I was told that when you order it with the sled, it is cheaper than ordering it after. My dealer also said he sold it to me at cost and doesn't charge for installation on a new sled.

Whatever, I have seen people pay $750 for reverse. $500 is worth it to me.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

·
Registered
125 Posts
u guyz were complaining about the weight gtain issue before the reverse kit will put on at least 20 more punds on yur sled, whats wid that i know for me its not worth 500 id rather lug it around my self then pay 500 for a reverse kit and 20+ pounds :blink:

·
Registered
720 Posts
SnoPro28x-

I was not one of those complaining about the weight. And I don't think the reverse kit adds 20+ pounds, they aren't adding a transmission, there is not that much to it really. If you want to lug your sled around because you are afraid of the weight gain that is fine.

By the way, I take it that you did not add any other accessories, studs, grip plates, bags etc.. for the same reason??

To each their own. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm with ya Mike, the difference won't even be noticed by adding it!!! I've had reverse on my last couple sleds and I vowed that I would never go with out it again!!! I'd rather spend my $500 on reverse than Chiropractors!!! Reverse is the NUTS.....period

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can get one.
I'm not able to pick up any thing that is not light
after my H.A.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Reverse is the cat's ass...I believe it only adds like 3 lbs of rotating mass, but who cares it removes 500 lbs of lugging around...Please post some pics asap...I am so curious as to where the hell they mounted everything...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Does anyone know exactly how much weight is added with a reverse kit???

·
Registered
827 Posts
i think reverse is a luxury,some like it some don't but it is nice to pull a lever, versus trying to lug the weight around,it is funny watching 125 pound guys lugging a 500 pd sled in the snow,,lol

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Well we got 3 kits in...But NO lever kits......And yes $500 at time of sled purchase is a great deal...Thats usually what we do. But $600 after is the norm. both installed of course. Its kinda just a pain, not hard, but a whatever project...

I want to know what the lever deal is also....post a pic please.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts