Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black Lake, Cheboygan was the place. First let me say that there was an accident in our group that day; an 18 year old total rookie on a 97 ZRT800 (why is he on such a powerful sled with no riding experience, I have no friggin' idea) following too close behind the guy in front's snow cloud TOTALLY missed a right hand sweeper and made a straight line for a tree about 10" in diameter. He hit that tree so friggin' hard that the leaves on the tree sprayed a line 20' in front of it. He hit it dead center pushing the motor's primary clutch almost into the secondary. The rear skid boagies were a good 4" off the ground as the ruined sled sat on trail once it was pryed off the tree. The handlebars were folded forward. The area where the suspension arms mount to the sled was folded in. And now the kicker, the guy did not get a scratch!!!!!!!!!!! He did have a blank stare for a couple hours, though. A miracle, indeed. Well, to the racing. Let me preface that the two guys with the ZERT 800's were gunning for us, so we were told by one of the guy's neighbors that I and ATOMICAT know. So, we were just waiting for an opportunity to see what is what. I wanted to run against ATOMICAT's F7 and he made a spot on a logging road and just as we lined up, one of the Zerts squeezed in a second before the glove was dropped by a bystander; well, three fast sleds on a road about 6 sleds wide is not my cup of tea. So, when the glove dropped, I did not run. Sorry, I want to race, but not that way. The Zert got a quick jump on ATOMICAT and he let off early because he was right next to the Zert. He felt he was too close for comfort. With that, there were no other places to run so we just went back to trail riding. Next day ATOMICAT went his own way and it was up to me to run those Zert's when the place was found heading out to Black Lake. After we pulled the totaled sled to a place where the kid's father could bring the truck to pick it up, we happend upon a small lake about a 1000' long. There was a green standard F7 in the group and he and all the other sleds ran to the other side of the lake to check for bad spots. All was good, frozen and flat lake with about 3" of snow on top. RACIN' time!! Three races, three wins for the two F7's. I didn't look to see how far ahead the F7's were in front of the others, so I had to ask ATOMICAT's work buddy how it went. He came up with the two Zert riders. I asked him how good the F7's beat the Zerts. He said "pretty bad" Good enough for me. The guys never even aknowledged the runs, never gave any kudo's, nothing!!! I think they were pretty pissed their 800 triple triples went down to a couple 700 twins. I felt pretty good. BTW, I weigh 250 and the green standard won all three races.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts