Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 formula III 700 and i;m having mid range problems, Its very slugglish, bogs out until i get the speed up then she takes off. Bottom end is great but then the power cuts right out then picks back up slowly. If I;m crusing along at about 40 or so then crack the throtle, it just bogs out. but when i'm over 60mph and do the same, it takes off. Any suggestions on what may be the problem. Carbs are set at factory settings

·
Registered
129 Posts
Clutches are dirty, worn out or both. Start with the secondary, buttons are probaly shot. Cost, $9.00 to fix.
Put a new spring in both clutches while your at it, around $30-40 bucks.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
possible water in float bowls, had a t-cat do this once before, exact symptoms, almost had to ''feather'' the throttle at certain lower speeds to make it climb through this ''stage''(getting the water to ''climb'' the rear walls in bowls from g-forces of acceleration and then ''stay there'' away from main jets under 3/4 to full throttle bursts), then again it maybe something else, just look into it to be sure :div20:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, all the input i can get is great. I'm goin to purchase a clutch kit for the sled, mayybe that will help out, also a cleaning of the carbs should eliminate the problem of water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts