Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Also very interested in how they work....

·
Registered
930 Posts
Best carbides I have ever used on ZR ski's. Exceptional on ice and carve much better than regular carbides on groomed trails with looser snow conditions. Will buy again...Marc

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Put a set of 7.5" on my C&A's. Like them, they get great bite in the corners and seem to reduce the darting some. Will have to see how they hold up long term.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Love my 7 1/2" shapers! I noticed a huge difference in soft snow. Still a mild push untill i increased the ski pressure by tightening the springs, now it rails! On ice it is about the same as regular 8" carbides.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I put the 9" shaper bars on my F7 and it steers great. Only on the iciest of corners does it push, but otherwise, the sled goes where you point it. I would definitely recommend them and will put them on every year until something better comes along.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It is important to note that the shaper bar is designed to improve soft snow performance! Don't look for a big gain on ice vs other carbides of the same length!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Over 2200 miles on my F7, and so far, the 9" Shaper bars are one of the best things I've done to it. Ditto all the positive comments above -- very good steering and they do seem to get rid of at least SOME of the darting.

Just a reminder that the 6" Dooly's I tried were absolutely worthless as far as any kind of aggressive riding/steering whatsoever, but they DID get rid of all the darting. For right now the 9" Shapers stay on unless I decide to try a set of one of the SLP skis. -- Roy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts