Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
No different bolt and puller. Just had one installed last week on the wife’s 19 8000RR. Way I did it was have it set up with all stock weights and got Dalton adjustable for tuning once we get snow. I have been looking for my T Cat and think I’ll go Adapt for it also. I have an 11 LTD 1100 and that clutch has been fantastic so my thinking is if Cat had have never dealt with Team the Adapt is what we would have had? The pricing is good but weird it’s is all individual numbers depending on the model it’s for.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
The puller for the adapt 8000 is the same blue. The puller for the 998 is not the same. 998 takes the gold atv puller. Order accordingly. The blue puller is about 2.5 inches to long for the 998. Country cat had the 998 listed as blue. I informed them otherwise so hopefully by now they have confirmed and updated their site.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Watch carefully for cracking on the team clutch. Mine started a 1500 miles. If you see any sign get it off of there.

Already fully aware. Hence why I'm asking. Really am looking for more info on the adapt which is why i started the thread.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I think it’s almost too soon to get much feedback but once we get some snow I’m sure more will have info. I didn’t have the option as our 8000 already had the crack on the face of the moveable portion of the drive clutch. It’s either the Adapt or aftermarket which are more pricey or the original Team clutch which is not an option as far as I’m concerned. Time will tell. But I’m not waiting for a disaster with my T Cat I’m looking to get a replacement now and probably will be an Adapt.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
TEAM clutch on my 19 9000 cracked. Stage 3 Pefi tuned last season. Got good deal on ADAPT from dealer. Based on the weights being used stock and the few reports at the time I installed a set of QA3-65s with stock spring set around 71 grams. In TEAM had QA2-76s set right there at 78 grams. One ride approximately 100 miles temps in 30s so warm. RPM coming out was way down at 82-8400 if I remember correctly and from there she took a bit but just about made it to 8800 but not quite...it was flat and lazy. Warm weather didn't help but had had it out in similar temps before with the dialed TEAM and she revved fine. I left the secondary clutch alone. Much less weight and yet a considerable loss of rpm, and had no sign of belt ash as several have reported tells me the ADAPT is grabbing the belt really well. I'm thinking the support legs wrapping around the spider are preventing a lot of flex from previous clutch designs. Should be a lot more info coming this year. Likely most last year didn't mess with warranty and stayed stock. Betting this clutch is going to work well and definitely better than the TEAM. Time will tell.

·
Registered
622 Posts
TEAM clutch on my 19 9000 cracked. Stage 3 Pefi tuned last season. Got good deal on ADAPT from dealer. Based on the weights being used stock and the few reports at the time I installed a set of QA3-65s with stock spring set around 71 grams. In TEAM had QA2-76s set right there at 78 grams. One ride approximately 100 miles temps in 30s so warm. RPM coming out was way down at 82-8400 if I remember correctly and from there she took a bit but just about made it to 8800 but not quite...it was flat and lazy. Warm weather didn't help but had had it out in similar temps before with the dialed TEAM and she revved fine. I left the secondary clutch alone. Much less weight and yet a considerable loss of rpm, and had no sign of belt ash as several have reported tells me the ADAPT is grabbing the belt really well. I'm thinking the support legs wrapping around the spider are preventing a lot of flex from previous clutch designs. Should be a lot more info coming this year. Likely most last year didn't mess with warranty and stayed stock. Betting this clutch is going to work well and definitely better than the TEAM. Time will tell.

Appreciate all the info. My Team is currently showing no cracks. It's the updated done before I bought it. It's working great and have it dialed in nicely. Wondering if it's worth it to go to Adapt as I might be okay for awhile or just look at it as being on borrowed time. My buddy who services my machine inspects it on a regular basis and looks it all over. My sled has a pefi stage 4 tune. I use it solely for trail . Mainly usually on stage 2 or 3. Plus I hear the Adapt is very quiet.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Appreciate all the info. My Team is currently showing no cracks. It's the updated done before I bought it. It's working great and have it dialed in nicely. Wondering if it's worth it to go to Adapt as I might be okay for awhile or just look at it as being on borrowed time. My buddy who services my machine inspects it on a regular basis and looks it all over. My sled has a pefi stage 4 tune. I use it solely for trail . Mainly usually on stage 2 or 3. Plus I hear the Adapt is very quiet.
IF you catch it before it cracks, I believe I have a preventative measure to prevent the cracks in the Team primary. I have done around 6 clutches now and collectively these 6 now have about 13,000 miles on high HP tunes and lots of studs and show no signs of cracking. The fix involves machining a moderate radius onto the sharp corner down near the center bearing where the cracks start. Clutch has to be taken completely apart to do it.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
The ADAPT has clutch weight pins farther away from centerline, and can run less weight than previous clutches to achieve the required grip force. Its a good move to increase clutch life by reducing required flyweight mass. I would jump into an ADAPT on my '15 9000 if it would work, as I'm running lots of weight.

·
Registered
2017 ZR 9000 LTD
641 Posts
I found my clutch cracked at the end of last season, 6600 miles if I remember correctly. I’m also debating on wether to go with another Team or the adapt.

Also will the weights and spring be needing replacement if I go team clutch or do they need to be changed also?

·
Registered
722 Posts
ADAPT and Team use completely different weights & springs. It would make too much sense for Cat to use interchangeable components. Cat would never do that. They want to sell us more stuff!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Team had an updated clutch that was not supposed to have this cracking issue. Seems odd that not all team clutches crack. I have about 8000 kms on my stock 18 T Cat same original clutch no crack. My wife’s 19 8000 rr with 7500 kms just had an Adapt installed the crack was over 2 inches on the Team clutch. My sons 8000 high country no cracks and hard miles on it lots of off trail boondocking . So maybe the updated Team will last? How do you know your getting an updated one if you went that way?

·
Registered
722 Posts
The "update" had nothing to do with addressing Team cracking problem.
In fact, officially, Cat never acknowledged nor admitted there was a cracking problem (to this day).
"Update" only addressed center bearing issue.
Cracking is on movable side only, I personally have never heard of a stationery side crack. Cracks start at sharp edge down by center bearing.
Because there is no radius there, it's a natural place for stress to cause crack to start.
Some crack, some don't- not sure why.
Go to top of this forum and read "ZR9000 Team clutch explosion thread". Lots of info in there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts