Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to order the LinQ SR21 bag. It arrived today. I like the tie-down system (need an adapter for my sled) which is why I decided to try it, but I'm not sure about the bag in general. Once you open the top, it has a goofy secondary closure system that you have to unclip and then kind of unfold some extra material before you can get at your gear. It's almost like the inside of the bag is larger than the outside. I assume this is to help keep moisture out or possibly to expand the bag.

I was wondering if anyone has used this particular bag and had any feedback on it and if they like using it.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
we have one for our assault, bought it a few weeks ago for a trip, and it was great. lmao i had to show mark how to roll and clip it, but it stored our tools and shovel etc nicely. it's for both keeping moisture out and makes it expandable. basically you roll it, and then clip it securely, before closing the outside expandable clip.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we have one for our assault, bought it a few weeks ago for a trip, and it was great. lmao i had to show mark how to roll and clip it, but it stored our tools and shovel etc nicely. it's for both keeping moisture out and makes it expandable. basically you roll it, and then clip it securely, before closing the outside expandable clip.
Thanks. I'll take another look at it. Maybe I just confused myself - didn't see how to roll and clip it.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Thanks. I'll take another look at it. Maybe I just confused myself - didn't see how to roll and clip it.
pull the extra fabric straight up, then fold/roll it down, keeping the clips free... once you have it down as low and tight as you want, use the clips to close over top like a handle.

not the greatest video, since it's for the larger bag, but this is how you do it.

https://youtu.be/W3R_6DUgZpw

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pull the extra fabric straight up, then fold/roll it down, keeping the clips free... once you have it down as low and tight as you want, use the clips to close over top like a handle.

not the greatest video, since it's for the larger bag, but this is how you do it.

https://youtu.be/W3R_6DUgZpw
Thanks. That helps. I have waterproof bags for fishing that roll up like that. Not sure if I'm going to like this - seems like a bit of a PITA to grab something out of it quickly, but I can see how it hold things securely, which is the key.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Thanks. That helps. I have waterproof bags for fishing that roll up like that. Not sure if I'm going to like this - seems like a bit of a PITA to grab something out of it quickly, but I can see how it hold things securely, which is the key.
lmao.. mark got home and i mentioned your thread and he was like "you tell him i didn't know what to do either?" i just nodded and snickered, and he grinned about it.

basically, put what you might need most often on top and order of use/size below. as long as you don't pack like mark, you should be good... his version is toss everything in at once and then search lol.

i can tell you it held up well with the hours of freezing rain we had to go through, with no leaking. we did put some things in ziplocks as a precaution of course. ours for now is on top of the gas can we got at the same time.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lmao.. mark got home and i mentioned your thread and he was like "you tell him i didn't know what to do either?" i just nodded and snickered, and he grinned about it.

basically, put what you might need most often on top and order of use/size below. as long as you don't pack like mark, you should be good... his version is toss everything in at once and then search lol.

i can tell you it held up well with the hours of freezing rain we had to go through, with no leaking. we did put some things in ziplocks as a precaution of course. ours for now is on top of the gas can we got at the same time.
Well my name is Mark too so maybe we just have the same issues. One of the reasons I liked going this route is that I could easily add the gas tank if needed.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Decided I'm going to send it back. I like to dig in the bag while stopped for a gatorade or something, and I don't want to deal with the inner liner. I'll either ge tthe 19L picnic basket one or just get the Cat bag that matches the tunnel and seat.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Take a look at PowderKeg, they make a hard case that has a nice opening door that latches on top.
I've heard those are nice. I'm probably overthinking this whole bag thing. I liked the idea of running 2 different bags - the stock one and another one, to keep things separate, but I'll probably end up ordering the cat tunnel bag. They are pretty cheap; I just don't like the tie down system they have. I looked at the 17L doo picnic basket style bag but I'm not sure it has enough space.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I ordered the exact same one for my 2020 Assault, going on trip in Quebec next week looking forward to trying it out. I personally like the design. Hopefully it works well.
I think I'd like it on that set-up, since you have the stock bag that is easy to get into.

Just a preference on my part - I think that roll-up system will keep things dry inside.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Keep the screws inside tight, I lost one. But, it was after prob 20k miles lol just use a bungie over it now to keep it from moving on top of the 15L linq gas jug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts