Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bull shit! you know this site was supposed to be about sharing info etc. not about whinning and bitching. i bet that the majority of the problems guys are having are because they don't take the time to check over their sleds before and after riding, not using common sense etc. ya i know there have been some pretty shitty things happen to some guys with burning down because of the cooling system, but if it is still happening then it is because to many guys are gas and go and don't take the time to make sure their sleds are taken care of. if your still burning down because of the cooling system not being burped then that's your problem. the other updates are all easy fixes that anyone can do if you take the time to do them. by this time of the season there have been enough posts from the unlucky ones that at the beginning of the season were unfortunate to have experianced the problems that soon came out as updates/recalls. unless it's something totally new, there should be no bitching about OLD news problems.

the f7 is by far the best new production sled cat has ever built, ya there have been a few hickups along the way, well that can be expected with a new sled. if your trully a cat fan then you will remember when the 500 and 600 twins first came out. the 500 was far superior to the 600, the 600 efi was bruttle, so if you compare where were at now vs where we were at in 98 were way ahead of the game. this thing is a rocket and the most fun sled to ride hands down.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
to share a problem is good ! helps many of us catch things before they happen . but to go find things to bitch about is wrong :angry: how do we know that half these people even own firecats

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by switta@Jan 29 2003, 01:48 PM
how do we know that half these people even own firecats
We don't....

Look at it this way, there are 2500 + members on this site. Let's say that 60% own F-cats, thats 1500 people, out of over 16,000 made! I wonder if all the others are complaining this much?? Probably not, they are probably out riding and that's why they are not here complaining!!!

I with you guys, I've had ZERO problems, some people just like to bitch.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I hear ya guys! My F7SP is the cat's ass. The only problem I had was the setup on the suspension to get it where I like it to handle - and Rob set me up good. Now, there's nothing out there that can even compare.

I often wondered how so many people can be writing about things to bitch about.

Get out and ride the damn thing and enjoy it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have to agree with the above posts, I really like my new machine. I thought long & hard about buying one & was willing to take my lumps if something happened. I think if you take a little time checking things over everything should be fine. There will be some problems with a new model but a little maturity will go along way.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i DON'T PAT ATTENTION TO WHAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE ARE SAYING. bUT THERE ARE A BUNCH OF YOU GUYS THAT KNOW WHATS GOING ON AND I LOOK FOR THOSE NAMES AND IGNORE THE REST, WELL ACTUALLY I READ THEM ALL BUT ONLY BELIEVE A FEW.

·
Registered
269 Posts
B) TRUE!by now these early problems should be fixed and the updates should be done.if you didnt get the updates contact your dealer. i now have 1300 miles on my F7 standard.runs strong handles great and have had no complaints except <_< cat should of taken a little more time to iron the bugs out before its release(which i asume everyone agrees) this is the best sled i have owned and riden in a long time.i agree that this is the best sled arctic cat has made period! and i do think there are some people who dont own f7's on here :ph34r:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well, To stand on the fence here guys, I AGREE - AND - DISAGREE with you all.

I had a bad engine, and once that got replaced I thought I was Fine. Last weekend I was riding with about 35 other sleds from another site I belong to. Well, One of the rear suspension bolts turned up missing. Upon inspection, it had BROKEN off in the Cross shaft. With nothing left to do but pack up & head home (missing the WHOLE DAY SUNDAY) thats what I did. I got the dhaft out, removed the Bolt, and replaced both sides with STRONGER GRADE 8 Bolts. That was after 550 miles on the sled.

7 miles - Engine

550 Miles - BROKEN BOLT in SUSPENSION. Coulda been a BAD SCENE.

What is next? I am hoping that is it. Cant blame someone that has had more than one problem. YES, I RIDE IT HARD. IT WAS MARKETED TO ME THAT WAY. If it was supposed to be a trail cruiser, would it have:

Gone on a 50 lb diet?
Come Stock with 140HP?
Had REMOTE RESERVIOR SHOCKS?
DEEP SNO-X Track?

Bought it for a reason. It should take the punishment, I dont ride it on a SNO-X Track, it should be able to take Trail duty, and Laugh at it.

Right??? ???? ???

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also agree and disagree.

I have had all cats since a 91 jag afs.

Including a 96 580 efi ett with stator probs.
A 98 with piston clearance probs
and this F7. I am not easily scared off by problems. To me, that is part of owning any high performance toy. I have just posted a piston scuff prob. over the last few days, not to bitch about AC or the firecat, but to get that info out there. The only reason I took off the Y pipe to look was because off this so called whinning or bitching. I want to read all posts about problems and good fortune, that is how I educate myself on this new model. This is like reading the newspaper or a tabloid, you still have to personally sift through the bullsh*t and decide what you believe. I had a prob. with this sled and I posted it. Some one reading those posts should learn from it. Like, maybe I should warm this up longer or maybe my front cooler has a bad weld. This sled happens to have one of the biggest learning curves of any sled I have owned, warm up, the updates, suspension set-ups, ect.

Even with all the whining, problems and supposed problems, I love this sled, and forum
I can't wait to get the bugs ironed out.

Brad

F

·
0 Posts
I just got a new F5 and I love it. It has made me a more aggressive rider! As far as speed goes ...The 1st time I took it on a ride I was at 100 mph and still had more to go. I am small so .....

·
Registered
146 Posts
209miles 2-pistons, 2-cylinders, 1-voltage regulator, 1-speedo/tach cluster,
1-reprogrammed ECU, now you rocket scientists tell me how checking
under the hood would have prevented any of this. By the way this is my
6th new Cat in 6 years so I do know a little about Cats and sleds!!!!

I'm glad some of you have had no problems but let me assure you some of us
have!!!! :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
269 Posts
BLACKSABER sorry to hear about the problem.did you have the replaced bolts or the stock ones.ive been riding my sled hard and no loose or broken bolts.hope the new ones hold B) do you go by the same name on the other site? i think im on the same site to.(cat580) you definetly have to let this sled warm up.i'm not use to this but thats what has to be done B) THINK SNOW!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Undoubtedly "some" people have had problems with their sleds. But this bulletin board like any other internet site, tends to help create hysteria. Before I had a chance to ride my new F7, I had my sled nit picked apart and basicly believed it was going to go to hell in the first 11 miles. Just reading the crap and half truths that gets posted makes a person paranoid and question the sled that he/she has purchased. I, like other people absolutely enjoy the kidding and joking that gets posted. We enjoy the factual information presented; but often times it appears there is alot of just plain b/s information posted.

I've had two problems with my F7, one I created and one failed part. My dealer took care of the failed part.

Unfortunately society has gotten to a point where people don't understand they are dealing with things that will break. Some people just don't know how to take responibility for the things they break.

Rob thanks for the site!!!!!

BIGCATF7

·
Registered
146 Posts
:angry: Yeh, you're right I'm responsible for all the troubles I've had.

You're a bloody genious, thanks for the help!!!!

NOT!!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
pullcord broke twice on my f7 sabrecat snowpro 750miles on it. thats the only problem i,ve had. i had an zr8 cc last year, and 5 polaris's before that. the f7 is BY FAR the best sled i've ever rode in my life!! it rocks BRING ON THE F9!!!!! B)

·
Registered
978 Posts
well i guess i can say that i came here because i was planning on buyin a firecat next year and i wanted to get some cool pics of the f-cats in action...but then i relised that there are many more questions and posts taht are from people who love to ride...jsut like all of us in here. i can't wait to get my new sled next year...

i dont really care what people post... i post what i know has happened from my experience, no guessing

great site!!

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I bought my F7 std in December from a dealer. Seems like most of the guys with melt down problems had early models, maybe spring orders. I check my vin# and my vin # was higher than most other sleds. I wonder if cat did somethings different with the higher vin# sleds. Just a thought.

[email protected]
green F7 std w/1.375

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dallief7

It's obvious your maturity is showing through based on your post. Maybe we can get you a hardcore diaper and pasifier.

Go back to college get your engineering degree and fix the problem. Then you can be the "genious". Obviously in your fit - ridden rage you didn't read that we are operating something that is mechanical, and can/will break down.
If you have owned all the sleds you say you have then you know how to fix them, so I guess that makes you the "Rocket Scientist".

BIGCATF7

1 - 20 of 47 Posts