Hardcore Sledder banner
101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Those 440 invaders were slow. I could remember a lot of other manufactures 440's were killing them.
Not doubting you as all I have to gone on is rumors and articles, but in your opinion, what was fast in the late 70’s-early 80’s?
Obviously the Thunderjets, Snotwisters, early SRXs, Rupps, etc were gone, meaning out of production, by this time. Just wondering as I was just a yonker wishing I had any of these sleds.

·
Registered
47,607 Posts
Not doubting you as all I have to gone on is rumors and articles, but in your opinion, what was fast in the late 70’s-early 80’s?
Obviously the Thunderjets, Snotwisters, early SRXs, Rupps, etc were gone, meaning out of production, by this time. Just wondering as I was just a yonker wishing I had any of these sleds.
The 440 srx was around till 1981, even there were a few 82 500's survived from being destroyed. John deere had some fast stuff like their liquidfires around 1980. Even scorpion had that 440 whip that went pretty good. Polaris had the 500 triple till 83 when it grew to a 600, Arctic cat still had the el' tigre till around 82 or 83...not many sleds faster. A buddy had a 78 440 e'ltigre liquid that flew. He kept it till cat came back around 85 with the 530. I remember him during those years racing 440 john deere's, and the invaders beating them by a good amount.

101 - 102 of 102 Posts