Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are a ton of Polaris brand and aftermarket accessories and mods out there. I was wondering what some of your favorite ones are, either specific to the sled or to riding in general. They can be performance enhancing or comfort/fun related.

My favorites so far:
Rox Riser
Mid tall windshield
Studded Storm Track
Klim Bibs/Jacket
Bergstrom 8”Skegs

TBD-Just installed not tested yet
SLP Pipe/Silencer
NorthStar Clutch Kit
uClear Helmet communicators

Considering
Gauntlets? If so which ones?
Mirrors? Get tired of always looking back or at my hand mirror.
Polaris USB Cell Phone Charging storage bag? Phone almost always dies before end of the trip.
Heated Seat?

Yours?

·
Administrator
20,853 Posts
I really like the Skinz knee pads that mount to the cowling. I also like the Flex-Tec handguards, also by Skinz.

Clutching is always fun to play around with too, especially when a good combo works!

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
19 Posts
Haven't installed anything yet but will be bring my eBay special Garmin GPS over from my other sled and mounting it to the windshield bag i have on order. Can't leave home without it.

Also looking forward to the Lexin communicators I bought this summer. Need tunes on the trail.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,851 Posts
Skinz knee pads
Mirrors
Extra-tall windshield
Bar riser
Stud Boy 9” dually carbides
Scratchers
Grab Bar
Full rear rack with all three bags
Windshield bag
Gauntlets

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
i have the handlebar usb bag and its very nice, but on the super cold days you still need to put a one time use handwarmer into the bag with the phone for it to charge/stayon. Otherwise I use the bag all the time for my phone and wallet.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
A lil bit more riser height. (Not monkey bars) shaper bars on stock skis. CA skis. Revalved and tuned suspension for me. lil things in clutching just to make the system work better. For clothing I like klim gear. Or hmk. Layering. Nit just a bulky insulated jacket. I prefer layering with shell pants . Boots with BOA fasteners. Love the boa. On sled boots. Makes it soooooo much easier. To deal with when cold and iced up. And finally a sled specific backpack. (I know guys are gonna laugh. ) I love it. Don’t leave home without it. No shovel though her in my neck of the woods. But I have a real tool kit that everybody al he seems to need something out of. Extra layers , goggles , drink. Paperwork. Plugs. Etc. no need for a sled bag for me and all my shit comes with me when I go inside at restaurants or wherever.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i rode with a guy last year that had a backpack and loved it as well, so I won’t laugh at you. Which one do you have.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Klim pack. Not the lil one. I forgot the name of it. I don’t even know I have it on once I’m riding. Doesn’t bother me in bumps or turns at all. I do fasten the waist belt and chest strap between shoulder straps but by no means do I cinch them down at all. I’ve got thousands of miles on it and it’s still like new. It also has a dedicated tool pouch to keep things organized. I don’t bring a Ton of stuff just the basics. A few common sockets ,a few common wrenches , small knife , a set of vice grips , a few Allen’s , flashlight (which I actually don’t carry much anymore I prefer a headlamp )etc. have had that tool kit out on side of trail helping bunch of people that had easy fixes but no tools. I think my buddy had a hmk pack. It was a lot cheaper but he was happy with it and it did the job. I also carry my backup belt in it so it stays in normal shape and ready Incase I need it. Instead of pulling out a folded frozen belt out from a holder. Like I mentioned everybody asks me where the mountain is until they need something.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
It’s black and grey maybe the older version of the crew pack. But I’m not sure. It’s in storage right now

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Probably the storage bag under the gas tank on my pro r. For 25 bucks new it carries all my tools. The rear rack and bag is nice. Storage I can bring into the hotel or house and pack inside. My wide clyde windshield is great. It really had to grow on me. But the first time riding in -20 f weather and I was actually legit warm. Thats the day I fell in love with it. Now I will be getting mirrors to see my wife behind me. Ive really embraced a grandpa sled and I couldnt be happier. Especially knowing I got a long rod 800 and awesome clutching. I cant wait to take down unsuspecting back pack wearers haha im jk dude. I wore one years ago. Usually for a back pack trip. It was kinda nice actually. It felt like it kept my back straight. My problem is forgetting the damn thing in a bar. I didnt like the weight of tools in there so it wasnt where I put tools. My rear rack bag is as big as a good sized backpack and how easy it is to remove its my favorite. It even had a carrying handle. If only it had a shoulder strap I could look fabulous.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WB 02 sensor? First time I heard that, can you really tell a difference? Assuming you are referring to a bosch?

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
With a good WideBand O2 sensor, you KNOW how your fuel calibration is in the combustion chamber, and if you have an ignition problem. You just don't want to have oil or coolant fouling.

Polaris FST sleds had them working in conjunction with the Bosch Jetronic fuel injection system, and you never had to change a setting for fuel type. It also had an excellent anti Detonation system, kept track of each cylinder separately and would push spark advance to the brink of detonation and then pull it back a little.

·
Registered
Coming soon 850 VR1 & 650 VR1
978 Posts
WB 02 sensor? First time I heard that, can you really tell a difference? Assuming you are referring to a bosch?
When using fuel controllers on 2 strokes and tuning for maximum performance a WB 02 sensor comes in handy. I used one back in the old f 1000 days couldn’t get a lot of life out of the probe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts