Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Wow more sad news this year has been deadly .i expect speed limits to come soon to Maine . speed limits won’t slow people down .it will just make the state some revenue and make good guys bad guys. People need to slow down and enjoy the ride

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow more sad news this year has been deadly .i expect speed limits to come soon to Maine . speed limits won’t slow people down .it will just make the state some revenue and make good guys bad guys. People need to slow down and enjoy the ride
I doubt speed limits would bring the state revenue, a lot of people won't bother going. Probably be a wash in the end and people will still die

awful news regardless

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Fines are deterrent’s.

I know death wise seems like a lot die snowmobiling but that's because its our hobby sport. Go look st deaths hiking/biking/mountain climbing/ atv’s/utv’s/ etc/ etc

As an example, I’m in a bike week area. We count it a success if 10 or less deaths that week. The old standard was 20 or less. Serious.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tim was a great kid. His buddy Mike said it made no sense. There was no reason why he went off the trail. I was on 112 2 weeks ago with my wife and daughter and found most of it wide and sweet. Don't know where exactly it took place, but I'm not really familiar with the trail either. Tim and I have done a lot of miles together on family trips and guy trips. He was on a sled at a young age and was very fluent and one with the machine. Goin to miss my nephew / godchild. Everybody needs to slow down!

Love You and gonna miss you Tim.

Uncle Ray

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. The gap between fun and tragedy in our hobby is paper thin. I would guess ice may have contributed, but not sure. I have ridden that trail tons and really like it. Again, sorry for you and your family.

·
Registered
745 Posts
raylag64 so sorry for your loss.. it hurts us all anytime we lose a fellow sledder out on the trails. We are all family out there doing what we love and we all feel your sorrow right now

·
Registered
104 Posts
Crazy things happen on the trail, you can catch a ski on a rutt and it will throw you and you over correct and things go wrong Fast... Been there,,,,
And as far as speed , that's should be a separate topic not here not now.
My fellow ridder went down saturday,
may he RIP.....

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Tim was a great kid. His buddy Mike said it made no sense. There was no reason why he went off the trail. I was on 112 2 weeks ago with my wife and daughter and found most of it wide and sweet. Don't know where exactly it took place, but I'm not really familiar with the trail either. Tim and I have done a lot of miles together on family trips and guy trips. He was on a sled at a young age and was very fluent and one with the machine. Goin to miss my nephew / godchild. Everybody needs to slow down!

Love You and gonna miss you Tim.

Uncle Ray
I taught my nephew to ride motorcycles and snowmobiles. We are like best friends. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling right now. So sorry for you and your family.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts