Hardcore Sledder banner
81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
Banned
649 Posts
That's debatable.
debatable... a sled that hasn't been out yet. so your right somethings we will find out. one thing is for sure. 900 turbo is coming in second place against either one.

·
Banned
649 Posts
at least for those wanting the most all-out performance
well I don't like second place and below. so you can have the doo, i'll take the cat.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Gaige2, it's all good....lol. oh, BTW...you may not have known, and for the record....yes the SRX is back. And the newest baddest feature you seemed to have overlooked. the electronic, on the fly, push of a button adjustable, upgraded, updated, fox suspension......I smell a convert. Pm me when your ready, bud. I'll do what I can to help you thru the early order process......haha....

·
Registered
17,179 Posts
well I don't like second place and below. so you can have the doo, i'll take the cat.
I would buy this sled for other reasons than beating all my buddies. e.g long distance outback touring in a fairly lightweight sled with good mileage and enough power on tap

Reactions: rockerdan

·
Banned
649 Posts
Again. Debatable.
some said the 850 versus a stock turbo was debatable. we found out it wasn't. add mods to both, and it only gets worse. doo is not king of the drag sled. heck I don't even care about drags, but I know how it ends.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Again. Debatable.
some said the 850 versus a stock turbo was debatable. we found out it wasn't. add mods to both, and it only gets worse. doo is not king of the drag sled. heck I don't even care about drags, but I know how it ends.
It's not going to be fun to watch. Unless you happen to be on the 998t.

Comparing a 900t vs 998t just sucks.....

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
How about the weight of this engine....Doo claims 15%better power to weight ratio than the 1200, but it makes 15% more claimed power, so it weighs the same. It'll no doubt be more fuel efficient than the 1200, but its 91 octane vs 87 octane, so the cost of fuel is a wash. For the price premium of the 900t over 1200, (almost $2k by my math) you get 15 or 20hp and a little quieter. I'm starting to like this new engine less and less.

On to the unkown, the 850 is a belt devourer. The 1200 is incredibly easy on belts. The 900t uses the 850 clutch and chassis. If the 900t average belt life is twice what the 850 gets, it will still fall far short of the 1200s average belt life.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Definitely an odd scenario. I believe this sled was produced with the sole intention of trying to maintain market share and increase profit for those looking for a "ski-doo 4s performance sled" no matter.....

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Gaige2, it's all good....lol. oh, BTW...you may not have known, and for the record....yes the SRX is back. And the newest baddest feature you seemed to have overlooked. the electronic, on the fly, push of a button adjustable, upgraded, updated, fox suspension......I smell a convert. Pm me when your ready, bud. I'll do what I can to help you thru the early order process......haha....
they had that on the apex, total joke. maybe fox being involved will change that

·
Registered
17,179 Posts
they had that on the apex, total joke. maybe fox being involved will change that
I recall polaris had that on the 2001 XCR, it was still a heavy pig when trails got rough :rofl:

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
It's not going to be fun to watch. Unless you happen to be on the 998t.

Comparing a 900t vs 998t just sucks.....
IDK what your fascination is with the 900T. You seem to be stalking anyone who likes the idea that it'll work for them as their next sled. We get it, you're not a fan. WGAF...

·
Registered
163 Posts
What are we getting for $16k?
now I get it too. You don't know either. Lol!

I bet "it's a cruiser" is probably the best answer?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
What are we getting for $16k?
now I get it too. You don't know either. Lol!

I bet "it's a cruiser" is probably the best answer?
You can buy one for less than 14k. You're not in the market for one so why do you care so much? Nobody really cares about your opinion anymore so why don't you just run along.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
You're right, it sucks. BRP sucks. 150 hp sucks. Everything about it sucks. Anyone thinking about buying one sucks. The price sucks. I suck.

81 - 100 of 145 Posts