Hardcore Sledder banner
61 - 80 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Please don't think a 225hp tune on a 900t is going to be easy peezy......please, for you. Stay close to the trailer. Pulling that sled through the woods ain't going to be fun.
Thanks for the advice bud.

P.S the sidewinders?TC's i ran into didnt fair well on the lake vs a boosted 850....
Hmm.......sounds like I'll have my hands full. Also sounds like you have some crank run-out to check on. Those 850 look pricey to replace. Yikes! Haha.....

All in fun bud...have a good off season. And please.....don't pass up a chance for you & I to hang out for the day. See how it goes.

Probably should get my oil changed......might give the chain tensioner a twist or two.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm.......sounds like I'll have my hands full. Also sounds like you have some crank run-out to check on. Those 850 look pricey to replace. Yikes! Haha.....

All in fun bud...have a good off season. And please.....don't pass up a chance for you & I to hang out for the day. See how it goes.

Probably should get my oil changed......might give the chain tensioner a twist or two.
Sounds good!:bc:

·
Registered
163 Posts
This is not the same 900 ACE motor of years past , even the N/A will have more snort , this is going to be a very nice sled
I'm with you....I like everything I hear. But ski-doo tells tall tails, jmho. I like the idea of being a cruiser, but many are saying the g4 is a colder ride than previous platform. IDK.
Gotta take off the yellow goggles every once in a while, just to see what's really going on.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
I'm with you....I like everything I hear. But ski-doo tells tall tails, jmho. I like the idea of being a cruiser, but many are saying the g4 is a colder ride than previous platform. IDK.
Gotta take off the yellow goggles every once in a while, just to see what's really going on.
The 2 stroke G4 is narrow Like a Pol..so they look Cold, and I sure they are.
The Fat G4 stroke version should be very warm like the XS 1200..

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Bud.....For 16k at Yamaha, you are buying the fastest production sled today! Oh, and that comes with a heated seat, no less.
For $16k at Skidoo, what am I getting?

Oh, yeah thanks for acknowledging the Skidoo 900t would be like a unisex type sled. Lol! Your something.....

So like 15 more ponies than a 1200 for $4k+/-. I'm I doing the math correctly?
For 16K Doo you get the XRS suspension (If you've never rode one you'd have no idea), new motor, turbo, +20hp and lighter weight. Speaking of ladies I had no idea Yamaha put a heated seat on a snowmobile, don't you yahahaha guys wear pants?
Don't get me wrong JT the 2 Sidewhinier's I drove where very fast, 1 stock, 1 tune & exhaust. They where clutched great low to WOT, they both where fast 111mph stock 119mph tune, on snow, pretty impressive indeed :fistpump2:the Tune/exhaust one had other light weight stuff on it,and it really felt a lot lighter than the stock one. They both handled quite well on groomed trail, a bit of a hand full on chop but not to bad, they both had Doo Pilot skis on them, GO FIGURE. But they are heavy, if you get off the trail slow down and there is more than a foot of snow it is stuck. They do hide the weight very well on wide groomed trails and if I lived a little closer to Northern Quebec/Ontario I'd have one as that would be a match made in heaven.
The 900T is 85-90lbs lighter then the YamaCat (stock/stock), that is significant to a lot of people.
"Bud.....For 16k at Yamaha, you are buying the fastest production sled today! Oh, and that comes with a heated seat, no less.
For $16k at Skidoo, what am I getting?"
I'm going to take a wild stab at this "YOUR GETTING A CAT".
JT just for shits and giggles what SKI'S are you running on your Sidewinder?
:snack:

·
Registered
163 Posts
My stock sled has gone 122mph speedo. If a stock winder 129/137" can't do 120+, jmho, something is wrong. (Reread, on snow) They are not off by 12% like the Doo 850's. Which I believe to be a marketing joke! Seriously, the leader in our industry can't get the speedo closer. Or they don't want to?

5.7 pilots with shaper bars. Lol! Makes me sick!

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Gaige2, please don't get me wrong. I'm kinda happy for ski-doo guys. I just think Skidoo fell a little short in bringing to market a competitive engine package. What am I going to be rewarded with for $16k? Best of what?

But, does the industry leading manufacturer and the best marketing company in the business care? The answer is obvious to me.

When the 998t came out, Skidoo guys were hoping it would be another 1100t. Not the case. Yamaha engineered powerplant is exceeding all expectations. Stock blocks are going 150mph+, no talks of weakness.

We shall see what ski-doo has brought to market very soon. And we shall see how ski-doo handles their warranty issues.
Skidoo can be pretty tough on warranty claims.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Cat and Yamaha owners hardly agree on anything including the success or lack of it regarding the 998T. Which clutch actually works best, issues and problems related to chassis and/or motor. In fact those turbo threads have been some of the most heavily moderated discussions on this site which historically let's discussion as open as it can be.

There is zero agreement on whether it (998T) is better than the 1100T. Just ask that question in the general forum here and there will be lots of interesting reply's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ski-doo has lost 4stroke performance market share, due to a decade old 1200. Some of the lost internal (850) and some outside (Yami 998t)

So, ski-doo has brought to the game a $16k 150h/p 900t.....that's the best they could do, I guess.

This will most likely stop the hemorrhaging from within. So, it would give the 2s guys something to consider.

The group of riders that switched to Yami/Cat will most likely maintain the course.

Add: most 1200 riders that have switched to Yami/cat are talking about the light front end/steering of the turbo/procross relationship. Seems to be working extremely well.

·
Banned
649 Posts
For 16K Doo you get the XRS suspension (If you've never rode one you'd have no idea), new motor, turbo, +20hp and lighter weight. Speaking of ladies I had no idea Yamaha put a heated seat on a snowmobile, don't you yahahaha guys wear pants?
Don't get me wrong JT the 2 Sidewhinier's I drove where very fast, 1 stock, 1 tune & exhaust. They where clutched great low to WOT, they both where fast 111mph stock 119mph tune, on snow, pretty impressive indeed :fistpump2:the Tune/exhaust one had other light weight stuff on it,and it really felt a lot lighter than the stock one. They both handled quite well on groomed trail, a bit of a hand full on chop but not to bad, they both had Doo Pilot skis on them, GO FIGURE. But they are heavy, if you get off the trail slow down and there is more than a foot of snow it is stuck. They do hide the weight very well on wide groomed trails and if I lived a little closer to Northern Quebec/Ontario I'd have one as that would be a match made in heaven.
The 900T is 85-90lbs lighter then the YamaCat (stock/stock), that is significant to a lot of people.
"Bud.....For 16k at Yamaha, you are buying the fastest production sled today! Oh, and that comes with a heated seat, no less.
For $16k at Skidoo, what am I getting?"
I'm going to take a wild stab at this "YOUR GETTING A CAT".
JT just for shits and giggles what SKI'S are you running on your Sidewinder?
:snack:

I thought the sidewinder/9000 were expensive. now that the turbo 900 is out, man do they look like a deal!!! also don't look like a sled with a beer belly.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Cat and Yamaha owners hardly agree on anything including the success or lack of it regarding the 998T. Which clutch actually works best, issues and problems related to chassis and/or motor. In fact those turbo threads have been some of the most heavily moderated discussions on this site which historically let's discussion as open as it can be.

There is zero agreement on whether it (998T) is better than the 1100T. Just ask that question in the general forum here and there will be lots of interesting reply's.

the replies might be interesting, but one thing is not up for debate. the 998T and 1100T both are better options than the 900 ace turbo.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
My goodness this has to be the longest thread in the skidoo 4-TEC/ Ace 4 strokes since it came to life. Good for Skidoo making a 900T for conversation. Now back to my 2 strokes ..... Carry On......:lol3::lol3: I don't really care what anybody drives for a sled as long as they are having fun.....

·
Registered
17,179 Posts
but one thing is not up for debate. the 998T and 1100T both are better options than the 900 ace turbo.
at least for those wanting the most all-out performance

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
HaHa I knew it "your running Doo Ski's", JT your a good man at least your honest about it and it must hurt to say,, I'm bad sorry dude but it was all in good fun.
No doubt the Sidewinders are fast (est) the 2 I rode (137") I just needed faster (harder) conditions that's all, I know the stock one had a gps reading in the low 120's, not quite sure about the tune but I imagine even faster. Doo speedo is inaccurate? so is Yamaha's who cares, GPS doesn't lie and that's what all the manufactures should be using for speed, they are all out to lunch on this easy fix.
Ski Doo has been number 1 for sometime (2003 I believe), but my understanding is Polaris isn't really all that far behind but not sure about Cat or Yamaha. Sled sales are something like 20% Utility/work/touring sleds, 25% trail performance, 25% crossovers and 30% mountain.
I don't understand "a competitive engine package" but I think your implying HP/mph vs YamaCat T. Ski Doo released the 850 2 years ago (which is a competitive engine in its class), 900T is coming next year and I suspect it will be competitive in its class. You know Doo hasn't had the fastest/mph snowmobile since well since the Indy 650 came out, some thirty years ago?? So to be #1 you don't need to be fastest/Hp/mph, sledding is a lot more than MPH to a lot of the market, proof is Doo.
As far as marketing goes Doo was the first manufacture to release the 2019 sleds, so their already ahead of the competition so at least they are fastest in 1 area haha. The Polaris faithful are freaking out and they still have 3 days to wait, Cat is out of the bag and Yamaha is teasing them with a low slung 1" track "SRX" sidewinder so JT you got the SRX name back,, but I sure hope Doo doesn't bring back the Mach Z EVER .
I'm happy (as are most sledders) for any manufacture that brings something good/new/innovative to the sport, and the YamaCat 1000T is awesome for the purpose it serves. One thing that would have REALLY set the world on fire from YamaCat would have been a serious DIET for the 1000T!:fluffy:
I mean really the RX1 was 2003 yet 15yrs later and the Sidewinder weights the same as the 03 RX1, c'mon man that's brutle. Maybe if Yamaha looked at what sells sleds they'd do better at selling them. I wonder how many 17/18 M-TX 153" are sitting around, its a 600lbs mountain machine vs say the Polaris 800 RMK 153 @ 408lbs no kidding.

61 - 80 of 145 Posts