Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Why is it a joke? Its meant to fill a gap. Also, they don't want it to over shadow the 850 etech. Besides man, its a turbo, within weeks, there will be a muffler and a tune and they will make 175hp. Not sure why they didn't put it on the 1200, could have been a game changer again.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I should add, 175 hp easy, and just like the Cats and Yamaha's there will be bigger tunes, then add injectors and a bigger tune, then add a fuel pump, injectors and a bigger turbo and it will be 250hp before you know it. I bet that thing only makes 8 pounds to make that power.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
What a joke! Can’t even play with the big boys!
I don't give a fucking rats ass about playing with any boys, you can tickle each others balls on the lake while I am sport touring the trails, doing 300 miles a day! This sled could be PERFECT for what I want it for. 4 stroke low end torque, good fuel economy, lighter than my 1200 4-tec, more reliable than my 800 e-tec but still a 100 mph sled. I just can't decide if I should wait until the first year bugs are worked out or buy it ASAP...

Nice work BRP:buttrock:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like this sled.. For me its always a toss up between the 600 or 800 2 strokes when I buy. I honestly don't need an 800cc but I do like the extra power at times so my last 2 have been 800etec's. So with this 900 ace turbo its making me really want to buy new because it fills the gap between the 600 and 800 and will not eat 2 stroke oil like crazy! I think its gonna be an awesome all around sled for sure and like some have already mentioned, when you get bored of 150hp, there will be a programmer and exhaust available that will turn it up to 175-200hp.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Ummmm, there are probably more people wanting a 150hp sled than a 200hp one.

Hard to understand for some, I'm sure.
That’s funny you already had a 1200 that made almost 140 hp and got great fuel milage. So let make a smaller motor and ad a turbo for 10 hp more and charge A Lot more money!

·
Registered
880 Posts
That’s funny you already had a 1200 that made almost 140 hp and got great fuel milage. So let make a smaller motor and ad a turbo for 10 hp more and charge A Lot more money!
HP is one important factor in sled performance but this motor, designed by Doo, is sitting in a brand new chassis, designed by Doo as well.

One that unfortunately the 1200 would likely never fit into. The single reason 4 strokes have been such anemic sellers? Riders bitching about how poorly they handle and how heavy they feel. This exercise is not about bar stool bragging rights and my turbo is bigger than yours. Its about bringing the complete package. The spec sheet is not going to be able to convey that at all. Throwing a leg over one will.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
I believe the 1200 was 130. And it's 'they' not me.

I'm not interested in that sled with any of the motors, but I believe many will be interested in it with this new motor package. We'll see.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not sure why they didn't put it on the 1200, could have been a game changer again.
BRP pays a royalty fee for each 1200 they sell, they didn't design the motor. They want to stop having to do that and so they came up with the 900 Turbo to replace it. Makes sense to me when you understand that side of it.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
130 horse and my 1200 4-tec gets atrocious mileage. Probably 1-2 mph worse than my 800 e-tec.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I should add, 175 hp easy, and just like the Cats and Yamaha's there will be bigger tunes, then add injectors and a bigger tune, then add a fuel pump, injectors and a bigger turbo and it will be 250hp before you know it. I bet that thing only makes 8 pounds to make that power.
12psi I believe.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
the 900 turbo has been around a few years now , cam am X3 is basicly the same . The 900T is more than 150 hp , closer to 160 hp , just wait for Dynotec to get it hooked up . the odd part is how big it looks in photos but is actually narrower than a 2018 1200

·
Registered
880 Posts
Total width increase over the G4 Narrow chassis is only 20mm on each side. Because of the shorter nose it looks a lot wider than it is.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts