Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my insurance company (Formost) today. I have my current F7 and trailer insured with them.

I just asked the theorectical question. If there was an F9, how much would it cost to insure it and would they insure it?

Well of course there's no F9 in their "Database" of sleds to insure. So I asked them to give me a quote for a ZR900, since they would roughly be the same displacement and probably considered the same type of sled. (shhhhsssshhhh, guys keep quiet about speculated F9 horsepower please.)

So anyway the quote I got was $544 a year for a ZR900. That's acceptable compared to my current quote for the F7 if I was to get an F9 instead. Hmm. . . but the question remains. . . will there be one and would I really have a need/want for a sled that fast? The F7 is already a bullet and pretty sick speedwise. The F9 would be a rocket ship, perhaps needing to be registered as a possible ACBM intercepter for incoming ICBM's. (Well maybe not that fast.) :)

I figure an F9 would give modified T-Cat's a good run for their money. It would totally rule the drags guys. Biggest problem would be, how to get more studs in the track without having a track made up more of studs than rubber.

(Hmm. . . maybe it'd be worth the extra couple grand in retail price. . . of course I'm speculating here, but let's see if an F9 was say $9500 and we could get say $6000 out of our used F7's, hmm. . . about $4000 more. . . I think there would be a lot of F7 owners who would be tempted.) END OF SPECULATION.

-----

BTW: If you think my insurance quote is high, consider this. I'm single, don't own a home, so I can't get homeowners riders for a sled. I don't have more than one car, so I can't get a multicar discount price. My car is insured with a seperate company (Citizens) under a multicar discount so $400 or so is not much per year for a sled and trailer.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I pay $84 a year for full coverage on my 440 Sno Pro.Wont tell them next year when it becomes a 780 Sno Pro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts