Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bud told me he heard from a reliable source that Cat will be releasing a F9 midway through the 06 season to compete with the Mach Z, anyone heard rumors??

BD

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Don't need a F9 to compete with a March Z..lol..all you need is a good diled in F7. :div20:

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Originally posted by Blackdoo@Aug 31 2005, 01:21 PM
My bud told me he heard from a reliable source that Cat will be releasing a F9 midway through the 06 season to compete with the Mach Z, anyone heard rumors??

BD
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=855175
[/quote]

All Lies!!!! :lol2:

·
Registered
337 Posts
i was told last year that cat was working on 32 different motors. of course only a couple will see production. i was also told to look for the f9 and that the gsxr motor was going to be the big four stroke . time will tell.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
my guess is that cat won't put a 900 in the f chassis. they will most likely make a chassis change for next year or midseason this year. then possibly if the 9 is available,it'll go in that. imho. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
^^^ true, any big bore will most likely go into a different chassis. The t-cats were never the same as the ditch bangers (as far as chassis and suspension). The mach Z wasnt the same as an MX-Z since the introduction of the ck-3 chassis. If there is any big bore motor comming, it won't likely be the heart of a firecat.

Further, I don't think that any big bore is comming for 2006 since Cat just released the X-Fire sno-pros. The earliest that we will probably see something is mid-season release time.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by followtheleader@Sep 1 2005, 01:35 AM
One of those good F6 can take a mach Z.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=856231
[/quote]

So this is why AC did not come out with a bigger cc sled, the F6 and F7 is beating the ZR9 and Mach. I wouldn't bet my paycheck on that one. :doh:

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
:smilielol: Anybody that says a good running stock F7 can take a good running stock mach Z is smoking the whacky tobaccy. Especially a F6 :frech32:

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Originally posted by highlander@Aug 31 2005, 07:45 PM
I wonder who's F7 is that!!!! :augen41: :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=855809
[/quote]
we are all just wondering if it really is a F7??? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: LoL.

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
Originally posted by maceng@Aug 31 2005, 10:18 PM
^^^ true, any big bore will most likely go into a different chassis.  The t-cats were never the same as the ditch bangers (as far as chassis and suspension).  The mach Z wasnt the same as an MX-Z since the introduction of the ck-3 chassis.  If there is any big bore motor comming, it won't likely be the heart of a firecat.

Further, I don't think that any big bore is comming for 2006 since Cat just released the X-Fire sno-pros.  The earliest that we will probably see something is mid-season release time.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=856010
[/quote]

It may actually be the opposite. Since they released them now it opens up more likely possibility that they will release something early. This coming eason will one of Cat's biggest. That is from a cat area rep. He would not elaborate. Go figure. LEt's hope that they bring better fuel mileage across the line with sdi or something similar and the big motors that everyone knows exist from many who have seen them in proto form. Keep your fingers crossed.

Jester

·
Registered
527 Posts
I love this rumor mill crap!!LOL There isn't going to be a 900,I "heard" that there is a big bore four stoker going. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I agree. After last year,... having a long long talk with Gregg Spalding after he picked up our vintage sled he bought on Ebay. I dont believe anything until its out there. I felt really guilty about what I posted last year... and then nothing!

Alright, lets put 2 and 2 together and make 4....a 4stroke that is. Thats the future, believe it. Its hard to take it, but take off your blinders and realize that the 2 strokes are in the past in the marine and other industries including but not limited to snowmobiles. Ride in a Merc Verado and youll say good bye to your Opti or EFI with no problem. I have a Merc 225XS Race Version of the Opti.... Great motor, but im a fan of the Verado.... as well as the RX1. I give this advise to Cat....

PUT THE HYABUSA IN A DAMN SNOWMOBILE NOW!!!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts