Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up in Hurly, WI this weeked and talked to a few guys with F8 and including myself none of us could get the sleds over 100mph mine was at 97mph fastest I saw. A few times my friends who ride 07 800x ,06 F7's,06 apex gt and 05 Mach Z said there speedos where over 100 to up to 106mph and I was right with them or between them. Can the speedo's be that off? Anyone else see this or tested with gps proved the speedo to be that far off?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Speedos can be more off than that!! My RX 1 has a wishometer not a speedometer. It will say 122 when you are actually only doing around 110!!!

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
Speedos can be more off than that!! My RX 1 has a wishometer not a speedometer. It will say 122 when you are actually only doing around 110!!![/b]

I agree, but the 03-06 cats with the multifunction gauge has been documented over and over to be extreamly accurate, from what I have seen they always been within 1-2mph.

I had my F8 up to 94 in a ditch with about 4 inches of fluff, no hardpack.

F&F

·
Banned
21,471 Posts
If you were "right with" the F7 (which has a proven speedo), and it was reading 100+ I would think yours may actually be off. Although I haven't seen any digital speedos from Cat off by much more than a mph or two. If you had enough room to run, and the conditions were good, I seriously question a top end of only 97. The last time that happend to me, I was on my F7 & ultimately found a problem with my exhaust valves (one wasn't working). Got it fixed, and the next time out I was hitting anywhere from 107 to 112 mph pretty consistently.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Snow conditions in Hurley and western UP were very slow yesterday and at the end of last week. I'd say 97-100mph was actually very good. Best I saw on the trail to Silver City was 98 mph. The plowed road section close to the Silver City turn off had a quick flash of 104 and it was still pulling. Point being............very slow condions with the wet, sticky snow.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just took mine up a ditchline not half an hour ago, I only went up to 80 but it was just shifting up at that it had alot more to go :fluffy: I just didnt hold it down for long not much snow and close to the gaurdrails ,Im chicken I guess :banana:

·
Banned
21,471 Posts
Snow conditions in Hurley and western UP were very slow yesterday and at the end of last week. I'd say 97-100mph was actually very good. Best I saw on the trail to Silver City was 98 mph. The plowed road section close to the Silver City turn off had a quick flash of 104 and it was still pulling. Point being............very slow condions with the wet, sticky snow.[/b]
That explains a lot :div20:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
My F8 is exactly the same. We have 2 and they are running identically.

Yesterday when we first went out we maxed out at only 90 mph. An hour later we could hit 93-95 mph, and once the sun went down and things cooled off I hit 99 mph coming down the road.

How many miles are on yours?

As these sleds get broken-in they continue to get faster and faster. We only have 65 and 40 miles on these two sleds, so the expectation is that they will pass into triple didget speeds after the 100 mile mark.

I'm not going to line up beside any other sled until I have a few hundred miles on it...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Saw a F8, a Firecat 700, & a Mach. Line up both the F 700 & Mach were studded & clutched. The F8 was totally stock. The first race the F8 was left behind, no traction, just spinning. The driver let of the gas as to correct it from going sideways. The second race not as much spinning. The F8 chased down the F 700 and passed it before the end. The F 700 was about 2 sleds ahead before the F8 started to gain, F8 was about 2 ahead at the end. The mach was about 3 ahead of the F8. Don't think this is too bad for only 95 miles on the F8.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts