Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, maybe some of you know already, but some probably don't. I've recently been looking into F8 kits and I've got some interesting stuff to report to all. Just got off the phone with Dan over at D&D. Their F8 kit comes in two versions, carbed and EFI. Also, single pipe and twin pipe, both trailable. Their EFI ,twin piped kit is the one they currently have on the tail and have the most miles on. Their ECU will be totally tunable, you can do it yourself Dan claims. I was looking into the carbed one, but after hearing Dan speak about it, the EFI sounds better. Also, Dan says the EFI is faster!! Claims it doesn't compare to the F7, beats it all the way up. They will be taking orders end of the month, delivering throughout summer. Early orders for carbed around 3500 and EFI 3900.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by speedfreak@Mar 4 2003, 04:55 PM
Well, maybe some of you know already, but some probably don't. I've recently been looking into F8 kits and I've got some interesting stuff to report to all. Just got off the phone with Dan over at D&D. Their F8 kit comes in two versions, carbed and EFI. Also, single pipe and twin pipe, both trailable. Their EFI ,twin piped kit is the one they currently have on the tail and have the most miles on. Their ECU will be totally tunable, you can do it yourself Dan claims. I was looking into the carbed one, but after hearing Dan speak about it, the EFI sounds better. Also, Dan says the EFI is faster!! Claims it doesn't compare to the F7, beats it all the way up. They will be taking orders end of the month, delivering throughout summer. Early orders for carbed around 3500 and EFI 3900.
they also have real F8s in the shop so wait a little and you can buy a factory one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Big jugs put your sled in the buyers express you should get 5500 or more easy i plan on getting 5500 or more on trade and i ll have on about 2300 miles then 1800 so far.

·
Registered
629 Posts
speedfreak,

Did Dan at D&D say when this kit will be available?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Earl McCreary@Mar 6 2003, 10:43 AM
speedfreak,

Did Dan at D&D say when this kit will be available?
I just talked to him again today. He said he's going to start taking orders end of March, kits will be delivered over the summer. There will be 2 EFI kits (carbed as well), a pro 1 efi 800 and pro 2 efi 800 kit. Pro 1 and 2 indicated # of pipes. He had it out last night and they marked off 3/10 of a mile ( course was really rough due to thaw then freeze, sounds like they were on a river) and ran 114.1. Currently been blowing belts at top end, but says he'll get that corrected shortly. F8 he's running is using stock F7 gears and is still a gas miser.

I've been trying to get on their website for days and can,t , anyone else having problems? www.ddracing.com :angry:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Does the kit come with a jar of vasaline for 3500? common gimmie a break. :angry:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by hplar@Mar 6 2003, 03:14 PM
Does the kit come with a jar of vasaline for 3500? common gimmie a break. :angry:
you gotta' pay to play!! Especially if you need more speed. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally posted by speedfreak+Mar 6 2003, 03:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-hplar
@Mar 6 2003, 03:14 PM
you gotta' pay to play!! Especially if you need more speed. ;)[/b]
It will really suck when you can get a F8 from Cat next year and it doesn't cost nearly $3500 bucks more than a F7 and has a warrantee.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by nofear@Mar 7 2003, 01:56 AM
SPeedfreak- did Dan at D*D give any type of specs per hp or torque. Specifically on the EFI twin pipe?
I just sent Dan a request for some dyno results on the kit. But I did ask him earlier about that and he said it was 165hp. If you go to their website and click on photo gallery, there is a picture of the sled with the kit. It set an ET and MPH record at some drag event. When I get some info, I'll let you know.
He did tell me it was the fastest kit (efi twin pipe kit).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I told you guys so weeks ago when I bought mine . Its a coustom paint job also and all chrome rear skid, it's carb. twin pipes . 165 hp . I pick it up next week however some of you mwill see it at some of the AC shows its is part of the deal, that I let them use it for 3 or 4 shows. If your lucky enough to see it its the one with the custom paint job. " PINK " I'll be showing its my self at the rustic Inn at lake george in the next couple of weeks I'll let you know when. I will be running on the lake across the street from the Inn too. Its only money and their are no pockets in a coffin! Hope to see you at lake george soon.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Check on that 3/10 mile distance . that is very slow. It is 1584 ft & only ran 114mprh Stock F7s are turning 114 in 1000 ft. At tear down races on gun. Why spend $3500.00 & slow down

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by byoffcr@Mar 7 2003, 11:31 AM
Check on that 3/10 mile distance . that is very slow. It is 1584 ft & only ran 114mprh Stock F7s are turning 114 in 1000 ft. At tear down races on gun. Why spend $3500.00 & slow down
D&D, who know their Sh*t, says the F7 is no contest for the F8, from dead start all the way up. The 114.1 he ran the other night, was on an extremely rough surface, almost to the point of not doing the run. Tell you what, when I get my kit, I'll run ya whatever distance you want and we can put $$ on it. :p
Besides, its a hp to weight thing. Let's see 165hp in a 460 lb chasis vs. a maybe 140 hp in same chasis. I know who my $$'s on!!

I like what I've been hearing fron Dan @ D&D, waiting on the info. $3900 is a bunch of money and AC will probably be out sometime soon with an F8, but it won't be a tunable EFI like D&D's. The kit info will be posted on the website sometime soon he told me today. From what I've heard, D&D is a pretty reputable race shop. I've dealt with Black Magic, and actually have one of their sleds currently. Love it. Tim ,at BM, is also developing an F8 kit, but it's not EFI'd. I just can't leave anything stock, hell, I've got 592rwhp in my 01' Cobra!!
Sorry to ramble on here, but my green Team Arctic F7sp is a sled I'm gunna hold onto for a while. So rather than wait for AC to release an F8, I'm looking into upgrading this one. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with you speed freak. People don't realize the 800 kit has custom cylinders. Stock cylinders can't be bored out to make 800 cc's and still have enough meat in them. From what Dale told me the f 8 kit will smoke a twin piped ported reeds cut heads whatever. And still with a single pipe! Hats off to D and D for researching into making adjustable parameters for efi! If you guys think and thats even if cat has a late release f 8, witch I dont think they will. D and Ds 800 kit will smoke it. It is worth every penny for the 800 kit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts