Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got just enough snow to be able to run up and down the soybean fields today.

I only put about 15 miles on the sled today but have totally fell in love with the new chassis. Good work Arctic Cat.

I heated it up and let it cool off a couple of times. Heated up the brake pads a couple times and let it sit for an hour or so in between.

I pulled it up to about 75 mph a few times, runs strong, and I never experience the "bog" that some lads are complaining of....hopefully sometime in January we'll have some snow.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
Mine also runs strong, I don't have any bog but I do notice that it does seem to load up when you let it idle for about 20seconds.
Hopefully is something I can tune out with the Boondocker box

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I imagine that once you have the first tank-mix through and change out your plugs it won't load up any longer.

I took some airtime...the sno-pro is plush. The rider forward position really felt weird when jumping, good wierd, it will take some getting used to, your weight is in a whole new area of the sled and you can stand up so easily. I would brace myself expecting a bone jarring landing like on my old ZR, but the F would fluff the landing, or my legs would soak it up instead of my spine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well boy's it's your lucky day even though I took sarcasim over the fuel mileage question I feel I need to help a fellow rider with a major problem about to unfold anddon't get me wrong I love Arctic Cat. Why are you guys mixing oil with the first tank of fuel on the fuel injected models? If your dealer did this or said to are they going to replace the injectors for you?
The loading up,bog and backfiring, at shutdown has nothing to do with load up or a performance issue it is unburned fuel that can't be burned at the correct time because of the extra oil being added to the fuel mixture. Never and I mean never do you add oil to a fuel injected engine that has an oil injector that provides more than enough oil at the correct time to a 2 stroke engine. Now for the future issues that are going to arrise is that the oil gets burned onto th injectors like it does on the exhaust valves only worse and you have no way of cleaning them. This totally disrupts the fuel management calibration and the computer has no idea what it is doing with the fuel map. The computr thinks it is supplying the correct amount of fuel except it isn't becuase it is sending extra oil that some one put in the tank.

Let it snow ditch the bitch lets Ride

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Well boy's it's your lucky day even though I took sarcasim over the fuel mileage question I feel I need to help a fellow rider with a major problem about to unfold anddon't get me wrong I love Arctic Cat. Why are you guys mixing oil with the first tank of fuel on the fuel injected models? If your dealer did this or said to are they going to replace the injectors for you?
The loading up,bog and backfiring, at shutdown has nothing to do with load up or a performance issue it is unburned fuel that can't be burned at the correct time because of the extra oil being added to the fuel mixture. Never and I mean never do you add oil to a fuel injected engine that has an oil injector that provides more than enough oil at the correct time to a 2 stroke engine. Now for the future issues that are going to arrise is that the oil gets burned onto th injectors like it does on the exhaust valves only worse and you have no way of cleaning them. This totally disrupts the fuel management calibration and the computer has no idea what it is doing with the fuel map. The computr thinks it is supplying the correct amount of fuel except it isn't becuase it is sending extra oil that some one put in the tank.

Let it snow ditch the bitch lets Ride[/b]
I've had 3 F/I sleds to date and I ran all 3 with extra oil in the first tank. I did so because the owners manual told me so. I never had any bog problems or fouled plugs. I have 100:1 fuel /oil mix in my F1000 right now and I see no loading up, bogging, or back firing at all. THE PROBLEM.......NO SNOW TO REALLY SEE!

·
Registered
430 Posts

Let it snow ditch the bitch lets Ride[/b]

Disagree, big fella. Years ago Cat said to not put any oil in the tank at break-in on the EFI's. For the past several years, they have been requiring it. Polaris does, as well, with their new Cleanfire system. Not sure about Ski-Doo. A quart of oil mixed with 12 gallons of gas gives you a blend only higher in viscosity, which the injectors have no problem passing.

Oil gets burned onto the injectors like it does on the exaust valves? You do realize the Cats are throttle bodies, do you not? Impossible for any carbon to form on them since they inject into the crankcase stream.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cat wouldn't have included this step in the owner's manual for break-in if it hadn't been fully tested and proved to enhance/improve these engines during the break-in period...I think it would be foolish to ignore the need for 100:1 during the 1st tankfull.

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
Cat wouldn't have included this step in the owner's manual for break-in if it hadn't been fully tested and proved to enhance/improve these engines during the break-in period...I think it would be foolish to ignore the need for 100:1 during the 1st tankfull.[/b]

Hey CC!

Hope your seld runs well for ya. You are gonna love as it is really the best replacment for the beloved zr. Best of both the zr and the f-cat. Hope to see ya on the trails this winter. Off to Haliburton this aft to hit a few back byas that have good ice for some testing. Have a good one.

jester

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.