Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have hooper f8 and d&d f8-f9 pipes 2 degree key what size jets should i run? i have 510n in there now but have serious lean spot on bottom but fine wot. some one said run f5 needles? just wondering if any one else has dealt with this. by the way it is an 05 f7 got bike man primary clutch kit any help clutching the new mods would be apreciated. the sled was a bullet last year.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It sounds like your main jet is pretty big. I run 470s in mine. Try raising your needle some and set your air and fuel screws. I think my fuel is 3/4 out and my air is 1 turn. I also have smaller pilots.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you running the f8 pipes? runs great wot but lean lean on bottom raised needles caught bog mid upper.

·
Registered
929 Posts
try running 480 main jets. i have heard to try f5 needles but have not tryed them

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
When you say it was a rocket last year did it run fine with the current setup?
If your lean on the bottom don't worry about your mains being fat........tune on your pilot and needle curciuts.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
i had the same problem with my BMP f-8, i had to "fatten" up the pilots. i ran the needle in the richest position along with a 470main jet. I cannot remember for the life of me what size pilots i'm running.
i have it written down some-where, i'll have to look.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
A friend has a Bike Man F-8 carb with SLP's twins & was lean in the mid as well. He got bigger tubes from D&D to help with the lean midrange. With the single pipe the mid range was OK . I believe he is running 480 MJ's.
Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes they are the big pipes not thearly ones i just put f8 kit in. last year just running porting head mod and pipes 470 mains .

·
Registered
508 Posts
Originally posted by mdw800@Sep 26 2005, 08:09 AM
A friend has a Bike Man F-8 carb with SLP's twins & was lean in the mid as well. He got bigger tubes from D&D to help with the lean midrange. With the single pipe the mid range was OK . I believe he is running 480 MJ's.
Mike
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=892879
[/quote]
What are bigger tubes?? Sorry for being dumb.

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
The fuel screws do alot on those motors. You may have to just turn out the fuel screw a turn or so to add more fuel in the mid. 45 pilots with the twin pipes with our F8's and raise the needles. I recommend 490 mains to start, but some have jetted leaner with the slp twins and some have ran the needles in the stock position, but just turned out the fuel screws. The DD twins have more airflow because of the muffler so I can see running a larger main jet that with Slp's.
Hope this helps you out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts