Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Just my sense of humour coming through. I thought the Cat guys would get a lark out of it...

Nothing personal Wizard...

I only have 33 miles on my F8 so fuel mileage hasn't been determined. For what it's worth, after 33 miles the guage is reading 3/4.

I did mix the fuel 100:1 like the manual suggested for the 1st tankfull and haven't had a load-up problem. Maybe a touch if you sit for a few seconds at an idle but it clears out in the first few feet of travel.

How does the Fusion handle Wizard ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the handeling and it seems to get better the more I drive it. I haven't driven a sled that soaks up the mguls like the IQ suspension. Anyway I have a friend wanting to buy a F8 LXR, Cat sure stepped up with this machine. Have you heard of any enginr problems with the 800.

Wizard

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hey Orangeefate...have you found that your sled is getting quicker as you get it broken-in ?

I haven't been able to crack 99 mph with mine yet. For awhile yesterday it would only pull 93-93 mph. I'm still on my 1st tank so its still running rich.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My F8 Tony Stewart Sno Pro is getting into the 100+ MPH. On the last of the second tank of fuel. Starting to feel stronger as I'm getting the premix out of the system.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I wonder if my speedo is calibrated properly then. I'll have to ask around and get a gps to really know.

Sounds great Orangefate, if your hitting 112...

You guys out west must have more snow than we do. I'm near Ottawa. Today its raining and +8...sucks

·
Registered
177 Posts
I put on 330 miles last week and rode with guys with 800X revs and every time we would stop we all put the same amount of gas in. The Mach Z and the (3) f7's I was with were a little worse. And the 800's were a little wore but not to bad from the 600's i was with.

·
Registered
127 Posts
yesterday 10 inches of powder with a base

f-8 66 miles 6.1 gallons
f-7 66 miles 6.8 gallons

99 zr 600efi 8.4 gallons

I am completly satisfied with the gas mileage since it was a lot of WOT ditchbanging and Red River Riding. I agree with the previous post on the sled loosening up with some miles. The sled now has 200 miles on it and I was convinced that I did not have a prayer against my F7 but I think it will give it a run. Even if it is slower the ride of the new F chassis is far superior over the low riding position of the previous Firecat. I will have a good opportunity at the end of the week against 2 F7's and the Yamaha GT (150 horse sled?)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts