Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't think the f8 or f9 will come out this year because the people that bought a f7 will be pissed like us because if they would have waited then they could have had an f8 or f9 and the people with the 900's will be pissed because the f series will be faster than the 900 so they lose to also cat won't sell as many because we all bought f7's so i don't think it will happen this year

·
Registered
841 Posts
Why wouldnt they bring one out?.........although I think its unlikely for an early release I would bet on 04 or 05 for sure. Cat kinda screwed the mountain guy this year...........the snow check mountain 900's were only available in the 151 in track length............and now I can walk into my dealer and buy a 159in off the show room floor.......the extra length doesnt sound like much but in the deep snow its lots

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Do you think that there is physically enough room between the frame for a 900cc engine? an 800 i could see but not a 900.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would like to see them shoe horn a 900 in the F-chassis but after dropping a few small parts in the belly I realized how tight the 700 is in there. They will need to do some work to put any bigger motor in. Who knows maybe new heads, stroke or some other tuner tricks to get more CCs.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think they would come out with a F 6 first, a lot of people like 600s, The rev has a 600 now so I would think cat would want to put out a fast 600 as well, Just my thoughts.

Rich

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
if you build it they will come

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'd be pissed if they came out with an F6 in the spring. I just spent 8 Grand on an F5 sno-pro. Oh well, if they come out with an F8 or even F9 and just go and invest in a big bore next fall...

·
Registered
154 Posts
AC has to come out with newer and better stuff or no one could stay interested look for a new firecat engine and maybe a zr 1000 twin in the next few years if not the early release this winter. JMO

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
F6 will be next and then the F9 will follow in the same chassis that the Hellcat comes in- same principle as the FCat but designed to hold the bigger engines. Just my prediction.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
They will not spend money to make a 900 twin fit. They would make a NEW motor. But I don't think that will happen.. An F6 yes....maybe an F8 efi next year.???? to replace the 8 and 9...but then a new 4 stroke and 1000 or so twin??? Just my opinions on good business.
5=100 hp
6=120 hp
7=138 hp
8=155 hp
1000=175hp

maybe keep the old 800 motor for price point and zr lovers etc...

I think that would be an awesome line-up :D

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by The Outdoor Shop@Dec 11 2002, 08:22 PM
5=100 hp
6=120 hp
7=138 hp
8=155 hp
1000=175hp

I need a moment...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by The Outdoor Shop@Dec 11 2002, 07:22 PM
They will not spend money to make a 900 twin fit. They would make a NEW motor. But I don't think that will happen.. An F6 yes....maybe an F8 efi next year.???? to replace the 8 and 9...but then a new 4 stroke and 1000 or so twin??? Just my opinions on good business.
5=100 hp
6=120 hp
7=138 hp
8=155 hp
1000=175hp

If F8 F9 or F10 comes out the F7 becomes a back up sled......

I would willing to make a wager, some that in late Jan/Early Feb, there is another Firecat on the horizon.

Any takers?

Think about, the hottest selling AC on the market, get it while it is hot.....

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by punkrocker483@Dec 11 2002, 05:29 AM
i don't think the f8 or f9 will come out this year because the people that bought a f7 will be pissed like us because if they would have waited then they could have had an f8 or f9 and the people with the 900's will be pissed because the f series will be faster than the 900 so they lose to also cat won't sell as many because we all bought f7's so i don't think it will happen this year
If they came out, it would be a pre-production model and it would be in limited qualities. The did that for the MC 900 M1. Not many of them were produced or bought. But those of us that did, were the envy of the mountain.

Pre-production models are just to get them on the market and get some miles under them, get the riders wanting them and have a great pre-season.

My dealer snow checked as many MC 900s as they did the Firecats.

It will come!!!!!!!!

Lets all will it!!!!!

Anyone got $9000 to loan me...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts