Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from a great, but cold weekend in the great north country of NH. Saturday morning @ 7am it was -24 degrees in Colebrook. My friend with the 800 MachZ and me with my F7 squared off on little diamond pond @ Coleman state park. Raced him four times, by his choice and all 4 times it was the F7 out of the hole first, and just kept pulling away. He still cant beleive how fast the F7 is. As many have said before, it is a Rocket!

·
Super Moderator
2,523 Posts
I recorded the same results in Cadillac, Mi on Saturday. F7 1, MachZ 0.

Also, I raced a RX-Ton - he quit racing after I beat him (he was lining up like crazy with smaller sleds he could beat).

The closest race I had was a piped XC800. He was close, but the F7 got him out of the hole and never looked back.

Chris

·
Registered
289 Posts
My F7 Sabercat S/P won King of Stock in Wetaskiwin at the snow drags yesterday. Over the two day event the Evil one blew more than a few Mach Z's, Revs and one tons out of the running. Crushing their little dreams, hopes and wishes. Mere sightings of the mighty Firecat in a crowd has been known to bring on terrible bouts of shaking and shuttering around here, in fact just the mention of the F word is enough to silence the crowd and send “owners of the others” running to the book of ifs, ands or, buts.
Most fun I have had since the pigs ate my little brother.
Final race was the Evil F7, T-Cat 1000, Mach Z 800 and a ZR8. The mighty F7 brought home the cash, chest pounding rights and oh ya……. there is a big hoolin trophy too.
Evil

·
Registered
290 Posts
I TOLD YOU!!! (in last week's post)

Amazing isn't it...

The look on my friends faces when I pulled up to them after cleaning the MZ 800 was worth the $7800

·
Registered
369 Posts
Arcade Winterfest is having drag races this year....Feb9th. I'm definitely going to give mine a try. Have a good feeling I will do VERY well.....can't wait!!! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
i've been beating everyone to my my sled seems to top out at about 100mph. at least thats what the spedo says. i'm using the mechanical spedo not the digital.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Two of my riding partners have Mach Z's. Neither one of them have been close. At first, I didn't think they were trying. One has jsut been rebuilt, can't wait to race him again!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
you guys are all lucky i cant even find any polaris or ski doo 800's that even want to pull up to the line with me... im still waitin to line up with them

I think there all scared :lol:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
right at the moment my f7 standard is stock. i have raced a few 700 poos and spanked the hard. I have raced a dealer set up prox 8 and beat him. I have raced my bros xc 800 which he has set up well and beat him consistantly. However he did add elec start and reverse. He also has a 99 xcr 800. It is set up nicely and I can beat him in 600 but not 1000ft. His sled just pulls after 70 mph.
Too bad poo is dropping that motor, very sweet.

Oh well, clutch kit should be here tomorrow, then we will see how this f7 runs!!!!

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
OK guys, here's one for you- Last Friday night I was leaving a bar on Lake Gogebic (UP of Michigan) I rode about 1/2 mile and a MXZ 800 pulled up and wanted some of me. We were crusing about 35mph and then we both grabed a hand full. My F7 (1.375 track) pulled about 8-10 sled lengths ahead then the MXZ8 started catching me but never pulling ahead. We stopped and I checked his track. It was studded. We started again from a dead stop. The F7 pulled way ahead. The hold shot on this thing is incredible! He never cought me but I think we were almost dead even on top end.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Raced an MXZ-X 800 and a Mach Z on Monday from both a standing start and a rolling start. On the rolling start I had to let off because the skis were in the air and I still beat both by 2-3 lengths. On the standing start I never saw either of them, they were too far back. The best thing is I didn't have to say a word, they both called everyone they knew and said that the F7 is as bad-ass as magazines say it is.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
FYI, I have no problem passing a bone stock F7 at aboout the 300' mark with my bone stock 00' Mach Z. From a 55mph roll, they keep up with me to about 85mph, and by 110mph, there about 8-10 sled lengths back.

If you can get a Mach Z to hook off the line, the F7's do not have a chance against the big triple.

In 1000' the F7's can pull 10.0 ET's
The Mach Z with a good launch and hook, reaches the 1000' mark in 9.8sec.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Originally posted by mtrsprt@Mar 24 2004, 04:39 AM
FYI, I have no problem passing a bone stock F7 at aboout the 300' mark with my bone stock 00' Mach Z. From a 55mph roll, they keep up with me to about 85mph, and by 110mph, there about 8-10 sled lengths back.

If you can get a Mach Z to hook off the line, the F7's do not have a chance against the big triple.

In 1000' the F7's can pull 10.0 ET's
The Mach Z with a good launch and hook, reaches the 1000' mark in 9.8sec.
Glad your sled is strong but ..8-10 length's???u said there was only 2/10's of a second between the 2 in 1000ft...well when i draged raced my mustang 2/10's is only 2 length's...so something dont add up... :dunno:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
OK, it may have been closer to 6 lengths, but the Mach is still pulling alot harder after 100mph. The F7 power level seems to drop off a little as soon as it hits the buck mark. The F7 is a fast runner to 660 to 1000', but give the Mach a whole 1000' more of acceleration after that, and thats where the triple starts screaming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats. You're beating an outdated sled that is at least 50lbs heavier. Don't get me wrong, the F7 is a rocket - likely the quickest stock sled out there now, but this "Yeah, I killed a '00 Mach the other day" does sound a bit funny when you think about it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I think the boy`s keep on mentioning it cause it was DOO`s last
fast sled....................
Cape Breton Stock........................ :smiley-faces7: :smiley-faces7: :flag_canada: :flag_usa:

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Brothers bested a '00 Mach-Z that was studded. We both beat : '98 SLP twin piped/head/carb worked XC700, '01 XC8, Ultras, B/M Rev8.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not quite sure about all of you but my local dealer had a big event where we got to ride the new "M" version sleds. So of course it attracted a really big crowd. Where he held this event there is a long stretch of hill that is fairly steep, perfect for anyone on a mountain sled to have some fun,right. Well to everyone's amazement, the little F-7 and little F-8 were out on top first every single time. The f-8 D and D would beat my completely stock f-7 by only about two and a half sled legnths. But what we beat that day was a Arctic Cat 900 Mtn Cat with a fabcraft tunnel, twin pipes, clutch kit, reeds, msd ignition. Then a d and d 1010 with a liquid nitrous set up. An 1127 thundercat, bored over of course, with new triple pipes, v-force reeds, and a new tunnel as well. Then the "Big" ski doo boys came over to play, The "F's" also beat a stock Rev 151 800, and a piped and reeded 151 800 rev. The dealer took pictures of this slaughter and I will be able to get them back in about a week. It was a good day for our little "F" sleds. But I difinately wasn't making very many friends that day.
:smiley-faces7: :flag_usa:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry but all F7s are slow.
Raced
2004 F7 stock
2001 mountain cat 800
2001 ski doo 700 clutched piped

My 2000 mxz 700 smoked them all out of the hole by 3 sled lengths and at the end I had a 1 to 2 sled length lead.

SO anyone with a little f7 that wants to step up to the mighty skidoo, HIT ME UP!

Skidoo #1
all the rest suck
:imo: :boxing:

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Originally posted by 2000mxz700@Mar 24 2004, 05:01 PM
Sorry but all F7s are slow.
Raced
2004 F7 stock
2001 mountain cat 800
2001 ski doo 700 clutched piped

My 2000 mxz 700 smoked them all out of the hole by 3 sled lengths and at the end I had a 1 to 2 sled length lead.

SO anyone with a little f7 that wants to step up to the mighty skidoo, HIT ME UP!

Skidoo #1
all the rest suck
:imo: :boxing:
:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

:doh: :lol2: :frech11:

:fluffy:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts