Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my f7 would only go 90 to103 mph in snow pack !
but this last weekend i had her out on fourth lake in ny there was a plowed strip about 1000 feet and i gave her a run . it was awesome i ran 115 to118 couldnt believe it im very happy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have run 112 but this weekend on freshly groomed trail (kinda soft) I hit 102 max. I was maxing at about 97 with my head down peaking over the windsheild and I sat up and leand back and picked up the extra 5 MPH weird huh?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had it up to 118 to122
the speedo was viberateing a lot the snow was rought on the
lake . Went 1.9 miles and a rx1 could not run me down.
The rx1 topped out at 113.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
115 on ice. little over quater mile? I had to slam on the brakes at the end before i hit the cat tails or the yammie dealer. :D I
did 105 on hard pack earlier this year but didnt hold it for very long.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
have run 112 but this weekend on freshly groomed trail (kinda soft) I hit 102 max. I was maxing at about 97 with my head down peaking over the windsheild and I sat up and leand back and picked up the extra 5 MPH weird huh?[/b]
Nope not weird. by leaning back you took the weight of the skis creating less friction. The skis and carbideds want to dig into the snow.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I had it up to 118 to122
the speedo was viberateing a lot the snow was rought on the
lake ..
If you put your speedo on digital you'll get an accurate reading vibration or not.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Feb 4 2003, 10:54 PM
I have run 112 but this weekend on freshly groomed trail (kinda soft) I hit 102 max. I was maxing at about 97 with my head down peaking over the windsheild and I sat up and leand back and picked up the extra 5 MPH weird huh?
Interesting! Was that with the std med windshield, or with the low sno-pro or aftermarket windshield? -- Roy

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I read somewhere that there is less drag created if you sit back like that. You wouldn't think so but apparantley it's true. Can't remember where the heck I read it though.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by F7Hooligan@Feb 6 2003, 06:22 PM
I read somewhere that there is less drag created if you sit back like that. You wouldn't think so but apparantley it's true. Can't remember where the heck I read it though.
Yeah, I remember reading something like that too. I thought it said to crouch down low with a low windshield, and to sit upright with a high windshield??? -- Roy

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
105mph today with a little left I think GPS read exactly the same. semi packed trail on lake with about 1.5 inches fresh snow. F7 standard.

·
Registered
174 Posts
98 MPH on soft snow at the Camp Grayling last weekend with about 140 miles on the sled. Enough to keep my buddies ZR 800 behind me for good and make him re-consider what he thinks is the best sled out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts