Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is a race that had a two week talk sh*t buildup. Went up to Mercer with an office buddy and his friends(which are all Ski Doo riders). I've been hearing how this MXZ, which was clutched and whatever, was going to make me a Ski Doo believer. Arrived on Thurs. nite and hooked up with them on Friday, well we got split up and didn't find each other till late at nite. Sat., we were just gunna get it done. For those of you who are familiar with Mercer, we raced on the lake behind the Great Northern Motel. I think our stretch was about 1000', give or take alittle. Anyway, I have 2 sleds which he wanted to run. First was my 01' sno pro with Black Magic carbed 711 engine, actually a test sled from BM. Second, is the F7sp.
Going into this race I wasn't totally sure which of my 2 sleds were the fastest, due to beating an F7 earlier in Dec. 2 times on a small lake around Ironwood.
So, the first race I ran my 01' and beat (Tim is his name) Tim by about 3 sled lengths. Raced again, same result. :lol:
Now Tim weighs in about 315. So, he recruited his friend Sean (another Ski Doo person) who was the starter for our runs, and weighed about 160 tops. Now Sean beats me by about 1 1/2 lengths ,but I was reeling him in. Then I jump on the F7.
Race #1.... Flag is dropped and the F7 is................GONE!! I had 3plus lengths on him at end.
Race #2.....same result.
Now I haven't really had much seat time on the F7, due to my wife liking the hand warmers better on it than my 01' sno pro. This sled out of the hole is explosive. It's got a Goodwin clutch kit and the Speedwerx air intake. The v force reeds and timing key are sitting on my work bench. This sled is wicked fast, and I know alot of this is old news for many.
I then let some people ride the F7 after Ski Doo guys stopped crying. A friend of mine got on it (now he's been riding sleds for years) and pulled a holeshot and couldn't hold on, I mean he went right off the back of the sled on his face! It was hilarious.
Now there were 3 other sleds also in the races, but they weren't worth mentioning.
Tim, from what I heard later that nite, was really quite upset. When he got back to his room, his fiancee's first words were, " You got spanked!"
Anyway, another F7 kill added to the list!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to call Greg at Goodwin on Tues. and ask him, he's not in today. I also need to ask on if it's set up to only run @7700 rpm, that's all I can get at WOT. I'll post after I talk to him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts