Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh: I was about 1/4 of amile into a 50 mile race this weekend when ( totally out of the blue) my hood exploded, and my riser blocks imploded!!! :blink: Now I have been a member of this forum for over 3 months , and have not read a single thread about this happening to any other members!!! I would appreciate it if somebody would come clean on this topic :angry: I can't beleive that this could be a isolated incident!!!

I can only hope that my dealer, and Cat will stand behind this troublesome sled and replace my hood, handle bars, windshield, and coolant bottle, with NO questions asked ( I can hope :ph34r: )

I have never heard of anything like this happening to a poo!!

This Firecat is really starting to piss me off....

Signed

Irrate Cat owner

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,876 Posts
Looks to me like a fellow racer was a little intimidated by the F7 and did some sabotage to your sled!! :p

In all seriousness, I hope the dealer has some idea and you get it taken care of. You're the first one to report something like that.

·
Registered
696 Posts
:huh: :blink: Sorry to say, you have an isolated incident. Looks like something flew through the windshield pod.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:huh: As I said .......I am toolin' along at 50mph....entering turn 3....when all of a sudden.....I am doing snow cart wheels :blink:

It must have been a missed service bulletin :angry:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D Oh by the by.......I just get in my " Jeff's recoil fix", so that should fix everything....

·
Registered
696 Posts
I don't like accusations...just keep that in mind.

BUT...when you post on Monday that you rolled your sled last weekend in a Terrain-X race, (post #42090) then come with this explode/implode stuff on Wednesday, it really isn't believable, and wastes everyone's time.

If it happened, thats the shits. If it didn't,...well...you kinda look like like an idiot.
Good Luck anyway ^_^

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey get real things like this don't happen just out of the blue. Your sled looks a lot like the one on a site called crashed toys and that one was flipped and landed hard upside down. Hope you didn't get hurt and have insurance. As far as i know on one has experienced this just riding in a race and anytime you race your sled the warranty is void, so artic cat i am sure will tell you that you are on your own.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:p Hey Wicked King....

The roll happened at the Terrain-X race .....where I finished a stunning 10 out of 10....after God smiled on me and gave me the number one starting positon on the starting grid..... Don't let my dry humor ( excuses ) fool ya....

I was headed into turn three when i was hit by a meteorite....( there I go again ) OK OK OK ..... I freakin rolled it!!! Alright!!!! :(

$1,110 dollars and some back orders later.......I should be fine

To the A-hole on the poo I collided with in turn three...... UP YOUR EDGE!!!! :angry:

Anyway King you got me :ph34r: :ph34r:

·
Registered
64 Posts
darylg, There always somebody to get us guys going sounds like you were giveing it to them until your unfortunate mishap. Glad to see you can joke about it now. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On a " Good Lesson, and GREAT rules" note......

Take a good look at that sled boys.......Thanks to ISR saftey eqipment rules ( and a helping hand from God, and Tek-Vest ) I have the luxury to joke all I want..... Wear your stuff!!! Always!!!!!

I tell ya though my fragile ego can't take to much of 'dat!!!!

and neither can my bank account!!!! :(

·
Registered
593 Posts
IMPLODED HOOD, EXPLODING RISERS. i BET YOUR HANDEL BARS ARE BENT AND YOUR WINDSHIELD IS ALSO BROKEN......... SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE WENT FOR A TUMBLE

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My brother and I tore it down last night......Isn't as bad as it looks. Tunnel looks good...Having it checked by dealer just incase....also having the oil pump fixed........ Hood is on back order, as well as the windsheild.

My brother, being a ebayer, picked up a hood for 299.00. That will have to do until my team green gets in.....besides with a few races left it might not be a bad idea to run the cheepie until the season is over ;) ya never know.......

I think I am going to change my story to " I hit a moose in the pits " :D

Oh and FireBall....it's EXPLODING hood....and IMPLODING risers....geez...your going to ruin my chances at warranty coverage.... :D

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Originally posted by darylg@Feb 20 2003, 06:02 PM
I think I am going to change my story to " I hit a moose in the pits " :D
What was her name ? Were you trying a fancy move and lost it, trying to impress her, the moose ? :blink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts