Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 102 out of my snow pro on four inches of snow on white lake!

please post your top speeds and coundtions?

I want to see if there is something wrong thanks

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have 600 miles on F7 stnd , 1" track with 170 redtip studs with plastic extreme backers. I went to my cabin yesterday to test before installing V 3 reeds and speedwerx clutch kit, to see if there is a difference in performance. There was about 3-4 " of powder on ice, my top speed on one run on the digital mode on the speedometer was 107. My second run with the regular speedo was 110 mph. The other item I wanted to check was the rpm's. I had to ask my dealer to get the peak rpm's for the 700 since it was not posted in the specs for the sled. It was running in the proper range, 7,800-8000, with never going over 8000. The sled doesn't seem to have a super hole shot but the midrange is awesome.I'm 6'1" and pushing 200#.Looking forward to see improvements with addition of reeds and clutch kit, although I've been told that with the clutch kit I bought I may lose some top hand. Snowhunter

·
Registered
129 Posts
My cousin got 102 out of his sled on White Lake in 4 inches of snow. It's a snopro.
He weighs 190.
Sled is all stock, with 102 studs.
Seems like it should be faster.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
118 so far more to come! I will get a pic. of the speedo to post for you! I think i can get 120!
Skydog

·
Registered
437 Posts
100-105 whats wrong with your f7's this isnt the f5 page. I thought it was suppose to go 120-125 like the other guy was expecting. If most f7s only go 105 what, am i goign to expect when i buy my seccond snowmobile *riding z570 ss right now* next year ill be riding a fire cat f5 i cant wait. I can accually have a snowmobile that keeps up with people and can go off big jumps!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
The big thing is the speedo is right on! Not 15 MPH high!! And the deep lug track does kill the top end!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
one more thing to keep in mind, if you are running on a lake, with four inches of snow, with now studs, you are gonna have track spin all the way up to top speed, unless you have a lake that is miles long, top speed will not be achieved with no studs, especially with the sno pro track, that is my experiences

·
Registered
437 Posts
I had another question. Should i get a F5 Snopro next year or just a nomarl f5. i just want a good machine thats fast as hell for tight trails and not to much lake riding. like 70% trails and bumps, and the other 30% would be like lakes and powder.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Most sleds speedo say you are going 120 and you are going about 105. But the Firecat is about right on!
Skydog

1 - 11 of 11 Posts